Chapter 10: Take Me to Church

Indie couldn't sleep the entire night. Reaper's words were ringing through her ears like a Fire alarm and a ticking bomb, that was counting time.

Besides her window was smashed open, and cold chilly air and snow frost climbed inside her apartment. Her neck, her profoundly slender beautiful neck was now gravely scarred with bruises thanks to a certain sword.

'Thanks, Reaper!' Indie internally cried. How could you do this to such a beauty like her?! Because of a sleepless night, dark black circles were underneath her eyes, and her cheeks were swelled because of the cold, and her body was- mentally was dead.

Pale, sore, and numb from the cold. She wouldn't be surprised if she found out that she had frostbites.

She scrunched up her nose.

One Day. One whole day. Reaper gave Indie one whole day to prove her usefulness. Should she laugh or cry?! What can she prove to Reaper? Her eyes wandered to the diminished fireplace, and snow setting outside.

{...Prove yourself to me...} His calm ominous voice said. Even though it had a hint of chilliness, and Death marked all over it.

'Great! This month had to be December out of Everything ! Seriously!' Indie grabbed a blanket and sat next to the fireplace, which she had to bring coal into. The coal and wood supply was almost down as well. And her window half-broken, she needed to fix it.

To think about it, the original story line should have started. The heroine, Fleur Primrose, the one with Divine Powers, ran away to Leidan. Leidan was the Home of the Patrician Party, and the nose of the Rebellion.

Anything out of the ordinary that dealt with Reaper? Nope! Fluer doesn't even meet Reaper until the middle of the book! And they have Zero interactions with each other!

"Damn!" Indie yelled, slamming her fist to the walls. There wasn't anything useful. She wasn't useful. And now, she would die. Her brain was dead, and today she would physically die as well. If it wasn't convenient, why didn't her head fly with her!

Just exactly what can she accomplish other than running away? Reaper was no doubt watching her to not let her run away. And she lacked an idiot's courage to flee anyways.

Any small details about the Church's movement during Fluer and the Male Lead's interactions?

If Reaper is going to visit her today night- she needs to have information about something important happening tomorrow or soon in the book. Yeah!

But... what happens tomorrow in the book??

"..." Indie forgot.

There were so many confrontations in between, too much politics, uncountable fight scenes, that Indie skipped several chapters to only see the final conclusion and a few romantic developments between FL and ML.

'If I read the novel like a history book, I wouldn't have picked or read that book up at all!'

So the best solution was to go to the Heart of the Holy Empire, and find the clues and eavesdrop of course. She'll come back and tell Reaper about their plans. Tell her, who can be better? A spy of spies? Or a double agent?

***

***

'It takes more than four freaking hours to get to the Capital. F*CK.' Indie looked at the wagon driver shaking his head for anything quicker than that.

"...at this rate, I'll never be able to go back home..." Indie muttered angrily. Besides, there were no other cheaper rides to go to the Capital than using a covered wagon in December. The Original Indie didn't have that much money. And there were no other coachmen in this town that could offer such a long ride to the dangerous notorious grounds of the Continent.