Chapter 33: Secret Sword

"I'M GIVING YOU THREE SECONDS TO FREE HER." Priest Ludwig Jason Hessen ordered with blood lust in his eyes. "Or else– none of you will escape your fated demise." 

...

It was a warning. A Threat. Indie could no doubt feel the gaze of blood lust heading towards her direction. What the hell–!

 "You-! I'll really kill her!" One of the Assassins shouted angrily.  And, the pinned sword under Indie's neck started to bruise and leave pain around her. 'You're going to have to save me before that-...'

"Three. Two. One." He counted under his breath, and then he aggressively cut down the Assassin's arm.

Red stained her hands, and Indie's vision got blurry as she stared at the figures in the dark. It was the loudest piercing scream she had ever heard. The perpetrator who had been pinning her down with a sword cried, and had a loose hand fall down to the ground.

...A limb fell to the ground...

"My hand-! My hand-!Ahhhhh!" The man let out an animalistic growl.

Another ruthless stabbing was heard, and a sword was pierced right next through Indie. The large cloaked figure fell down, loosening his grip on Indie, and stopped screaming.

Indie wobbled to the ground, unbalanced with her strength. She stared at the red-flaming figure in front of her, who was staring at her with red-bloodlust eyes that looked like... something familiar.

"P-Priest Hessen... you-" She said, staring blankly at him.

Jason didn't spare her another look as he darted to take down another Assassin. Several others were traumatized by what had happened to their previous man, whose hand and chest were both stabbed. Anything else, they might even come back home, with a dead body.

"R-run!" The other men started yelling, and they continued to flee for the forest. 

However, they were all struck down by a flying sword coming from the back. Blood splattered from their throats, as they fell down to beg under Jason's sword. 

Soon the pure white snow became drenched in red stains of blood and grief. 

"L-let us go..."

"W...we apologize, sir! We apologize for attacking you!" The other one bowed.

Jason didn't give them a look and stared at them with blood lust eyes and angrily muttered: "Before scramming off, tell me, who ordered you to do this!"

"...S-sir."

Jason stabbed one of the men right in the abdomen, and then finally killed him. The others suddenly pressed their heads into the ground and cried, "M-Marquess F-Fideriche..."  

To which Indie's ears perked up immediately after hearing the word: 

'The Male lead did what?!'  

***

***

Indie quietly stood up from fear, and almost resisted the urge of vomiting. She was almost in tears. If it wasn't enough for Reaper to chase after her, there was another mad guy, who could literally kill people before they speak...

She stared at the man who had previously threatened her before. His dead body and his slit open arm which Jason had ruthlessly cut to save her... were on the floor. There wasn't only one corpse...but several others. 

Seven. Eight. T-twelve.

He killed twelve in less than ten minutes.

And he had five others begging on the floor in fear. Priest Hessen was not just an ordinary Priest, but also an extraordinary swordsman himself.