Chapter 8: He's Here (1)

"Ha!" Indie sneered inside her mind. She bit her lips, someone knows that Original Indie worked with the Church. But who-? Reaper? Or did someone see Jason or whatever his name is climbing out the window? But who could have seen a man climbing out the window during a snowstorm?? 

But what came inside her mind was that the person who slipped in the note knew Indie was part of the Church. So... that meant the person was also watching her. HER. 

<I know the murderer who killed Alfred Gordon. I know you too, Church Supporter Brat. 

Come meet me behind the Tavern Square alone. And don't worry, I WON'T Harm you. >

Indie gulped. What should she do? Ignore it? If the person who slipped in the note realized that Indie ignored it- that meant it confirmed that Indie actually worked for the Church. Unless she pretended to think it was a prank. 

The suspicious person was in the crowd! Indie's eyes looked for the person in the crowd. Reaper? Is it you?! 

Or is it someone else... entirely who wanted to confirm their suspicions?! It could be the murderer who killed Alfred Gordon. 

It was a test, Indie figured. Besides, the note didn't even have her name in it. Even if someone wanted to use this testify against her... she would deny it and think it was a prank. Church Supporter Brat?! Seriously? It's like asking if you are Republican or Democratic! 

So obviously... the answer was to... BRUSH OFF THE NOTE like as if it was snow! 

Indie crumbled the piece of paper and mixed it the snowball and threw it into the ground naturally. Not suspicious looking at all. Even if the person who sent it was observing her... she could pretend she never saw the note. 

The paper, the person used was fortunately white. So even if the person who was suspicious of her would have to factor that in. 

So... who was the person who pushed her? Was it also the person who slipped in the note? Or could it be when she was trying to enter the crowd to look at the victim, that's when they put in the note?

Indie didn't care anymore. But her blood was getting chillier. She didn't know how to handle the situation. Her head was muddled, she wanted to go back. She met so many people in just one day she just needed a break. 

 She just walked inside the Inn, climbed up the stairs, and went inside her room. Even if Reaper was trying to kill her today, it wouldn't happen with so many people around today. 

Besides... if Reaper wanted to kill her and was also the person who sent the note- why would he murder Alfred Gordon in the first place? Wait... was it even him in the first place? It would be too noticeable with so many people around today in the Center of the Inn where Indie was staying. 

And Indie had no intention of meeting up with the person who sent that note. There was a high possibility that Reaper was behind it! 

So she closed the window to stop the noise coming inside, pulled down her blinds, turned off the lights, locked the doors tightly, and fell asleep. 

'Reaper... I beg of you, don't be the person who sent the note...' 

But that's when Indie started regretting everything. 

You can never overturn your fated events no matter how much you try to ignore it. 

'Just don't kill me. Not this night...' 

***

***

***

Reaper stood watching the commotion happening underneath him. 

"So... she's choosing to ignore me? huh?" He muttered grimly. He saw the playful expression in the woman's eyes as she tossed the note away as if it was a toy. He remembered the word 'Church's Spy,' ringing through his ear. The word 'Church' itself brought calamity through his mind. 

He wanted them to suffer. The people who have taken everything from him betrayed him, killed the innocents, and the still had the guts to talk about 'justice' from their mouth? He wanted to rip out their tongues and ask them if they could still speak of it? 

At first, he thought that he misunderstood the woman when he first saw her. And that she was being used by the Church as a blinded pawn without hope. (Because she was forced)So he gave her an opportunity to talk it out with her without using violence. But seeing that the woman didn't care, his mood soured.

'Ignorant, and filthy people' blinded by the riches and authority of the Church. Disgusting.  

"...Master? Should I threaten her-" his subordinate asked, but before he could say anything Reaper's eyes turned into the color of traffic lights of danger, and anger.  His crimson eyes were filled with contempt. 

"...No. I will personally deal with her. And give her a visit." He mouthed. 

"..." 

***  

***

Indie's window shattered open with a blast. Indie's eyes flew open like lightning bulbs in a flash of fear. 

'Sh*t! What the hell is going on-? Don't tell me!' Indie sat up, watching the curtains behind the window fly back and forth in response. Suddenly chilly frost air entered the room, and snow went inside. And the temperature in the room dropped. 

"..." Indie clutched herself. She saw the wind raging. A-another Snowstorm maybe? She hugged the blanket tighter. 

*Wooooosh* snow flew inside the Apartment, and the crackling fireplace slowly diminished. 

"...y..." Indie whispered. 

"..." 

The Curtains danced with the wind and Indie saw a shadow enter. Indie gulped and quickly sealed her eyes. 

'R-Reaper?! He's breaking in?!'  

"there is a lot of people in the world, obsessed with status, wealth, and fame... are you not the same?" a cold voice whispered. It was husky and did not in the slightest bit please Indie at all. It sounded like rotten pig blood. 

And Death. 

"..." The wind chilled the atmosphere, the faint light coming behind the curtains from the moon shone a blade against Indie's slender neck. 

It was about seven inches away from her. The person who was inside her room was covered in the darkness that she couldn't see him at all. But without doubt, Indie knew who he was. 

The blade glinted against the light, as Indie met into a void of red crimson eyes. 

Death. Blood. 

He was here. Reaper X. Crimson red eyes, and silver glinting hair. 

Indie Grey Solstice was going to die... and after this... the real novel would begin. Just like in the book. Despite her knowing this, why- why- didn't she try to avoid it?!

She was pathetic. But still... 

"...reaper..." she whispered quietly. The voice was faint and was barely audible over the cold chilly air coming through the window. 

"..." the person behind the shadows of the room didn't reply back. Even if he did reply, the result would be the same. The blade inched closer to her neck by two more centimeters. 

"..*hiccup*..." Indie's throat hitched. 

"..." 

"...water...*hiccup*..." 

"..."