Chapter 13: An Unwilling Descision

"Welcome Your Grace, may god bless you~" A monk passed us, with a white fresh robe with golden trimming on it. Looks expensive. 

"Is His Eminise, the Cardinal available right now?" Indie's Brother asked. 

"No- The Cardinal is busy talking with His Holiness." the monk replied.

'His holiness? Wait...who is that? If the Cardinal is His Eminise, then His Holiness must be the-'  Indie inwardly frowned as the Monk handed them a white robe and Indie put it around her clothes. She looked around to see that almost everyone was wearing white robes. How... disciplined. 

"His Holiness, the Pope is preparing for the arrival of someone special arriving at the Church." the monk said. Indie's eyebrows slowly raised when the monk said that. 

'Someone special? Would you look at that!? How secretive...' 

"W-who is it? Who is arriving?" Indie tried to catch on to the small clues they were hinting at. 

" The Clergy don't know...it's confidential," the monk frowned at his own response. Indie inwardly frowned as well. Seeing how confidential it is, the news must be important. 

"..." 

"Ah... Lady Indie- are looking for Lord Ludwig Jason di Hessen?" 

"Lord- Ludwig...Jason?" 

"Yes, Lord Ludwig Jason di Hessen. I assumed you two are very close acquaintances?" 

"..." Indie figured that the Monk was talking about Jason, the Cardinal's nephew. Or the minion of the Villain's nephew. That redhead who climbed through Indie's window. Another Church Spy. Just like the Original Indie.

"...ah... there is no need,"

"hhmm? Is that so... but everytime you always asked for his whereabouts." Indie's brother interfered. 

"Is that so~? But I don't think I need to meet him right now..." Indie switched glances with Original Indie's brother who gave her a suspicious look. 

"...okay then... lead the way," She sighed in loss. She didn't have a heart to deal with persistant people. Her social anxiety gave her away.  

But she decided to follow the monk anyway and kept the suspicion deep inside her heart. She knew that someone might be watching her but she didn't want that certain redhead to know that. 

"...I'll be going then, Brother~," Indie said as she bid a good farewell. 

He knows the Original Indie too well. Better than Original Indie's biological brother. She wonders if he knows about the Curse. If Original Indie worked for the Church because of the Curse inside her body- she felt as if Jason would know it too. 

After all~ he was the Cardinal's nephew. Indie inwardly sighed and followed him. They were lead to a room with a massive fifty-foot wooden door with intricate designs. Indie couldn't help but give thumbs up to the Architecture in this fantasy world. 

...

It's almost like going through a museum to look at otherworldly art. It was truly captivating and intriguing. 

But before she could open the door she heard someone yell: 

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" 

*SMASH* *CRASH* Sounds of Objects being thrown around the room were heard. 

"You bloody bastard!" another voice was heard. 

"I said it! I don't need to see your face again!"