Chapter 28: Unlucky Circumstances!

"LAST TIME... you told me that you had this power of Precognition... did you not?" Reaper mumbled. Indie froze in her stance when she heard this. "Since you know so much... then tell me... did you also know that all of this would happen?"

"!!" Indie didn't reply. Reaper looked at her with bloodshot crimson eyes that reminded her of death as he said: "Or was it all a lie..?"

'Oh no! All those lies that I bullshitted in one fragile second...!' Indie was frantic and yet tried to stay calm.

"O-of course not!" She said desperately while shaking her head. "I-" 

"I believe you." He said. "Or else, you wouldn't be alive or doing anything rash without thinking it through." 

Indie stared at him in disbelief and relief after he said that. Was Reaper starting to trust her?! Did she finally gain a few browny points from him after he figured out how hard she works every day? She sighed in relief. 

"...Anyhow... is the power of Precognition that you told me, is that really true?" He says while staring at her. "Do you have the power of a Prophet? Are a child of God? Or do you have..." He looks at her.

 Indie was tempted to stare away from his inquisitive glance which was horded with curiosity and questions. 

"Ahem! I saw a dream one day and it was as if everything had struck me in there." She said, "it was like a prophecy dream that was disguised as a dream where I saw everything play out in the future. It works like intuition." 

'Yop, that sounded like lies to me...' Indie dared not to look up at Reaper who was studying her. Though it seems like he didn't believe it he didn't ask any further to which she sighed in relief. 

"...So what are you going to do next?" He calmly asks while staring at her. Indie looked out of the window instead to dodge his gaze. It was snowing outside once again, snow-filled the towns and the beautiful streets of the Capital. 

What can she do? How was the original story supposed to go? Wasn't the Male lead in charge of all of this rebellion and plot devices to strike against the Church and the Aristocratic Faction? 

Indie touched the beautiful snow outside, the cold flakes dripped against her palm as she said: "There might be a blizzard." 

"..." Reaper was staring at her. Indie remembered the first and second day she was here, the blizzard always struck, and one victim was found dead in the small village she lived in. 

"We can delay the transportation system from getting into the Capital Walls," Indie mumbled. "The heavy snow can stop and postpone supplies such as food, clothing, merchandise which travels from richer cities like Leiden and the Upper East Harbor." 

"...You want to cause a revolution from this?" Reaper says hitting the bullseye. Indie nodded as she shut her window and stopped the cold snow from entering. 

"The Capital manufactures on its own and has its own city walls like Leiden. If supply is cut off and the transportation and the trade routes are blocked, the citizens inside the Capital will dare to protest and starve." 

"And the nobles?" Reapers asked. 

"This will cause a bigger rift between the Holy Order and the Aristocratic Faction."  Indie said as she leaned back, "...hopefully." 

"...You realize this might put you in a tough spot? You are a noble and a Holy Order member." Reaper said crossing his arms. "Who might you serve once they become enemies? You might be suspected as a double agent." 

"Wow, are you worrying about me? Why, thank you-" Indie smiled as Reaper coughingly said: "If you die, who can I lean on trying to defeat the Church?"