Regret 4: Sympathetic Kiss

Here we go again, another hour of me complaining about another one of my regrets to a lady who probably doesn't even care.

She takes her seat across from me, crossing one leg over the other and holding her coffee in one hand. "Sorry I'm a few minutes late, I had to do something. But, you may start talking whenever you'd like."

I nod and intertwine my fingers and I'm ready, I've been thinking about this a lot more than I should be. "My next regret is probably my first kiss with Ashton. Not that I regret kissing him, but well, I guess I do regret kissing him. It was sort of for a stupid reason and I always did find it harder to not like someone especially if after they kiss you you feel that spark." I felt it with Ashton, and I did every time his skin brushed mine.

~ Flash Back ~
// June 27th, 2015 //

Reagan and I have been spending most of the beginning of our summer with the boys. We've managed to have hung out basically at everyone's house but mine, and I'd like to keep it that way.

The only thing that bothered me is Ashton kept doing small things that made me want to like him. Maybe Reagan was right when she said I fall for guys who are sweet and pay attention to me.

"Hey Jen," Calum snapped his fingers in front of my face.

I blinked and look at him with my full attention. "Yes?" I asked coming back to reality, but completely lost in the conversation.

"We're all heading out. You can come or you can stay, whatever you'd like," Luke explained as they started to put their shoes on.

I shrugged, "maybe I'll stay behind and clean." I looked around the disaster of the place that sat above the music store. "Hey, where's Michael and Re?" I asked and looked at only Luke and Calum standing at the door.

"Oh, they went down already. Probably waiting in the car, you know, they're impatient," Calum waved it off.

I nodded, yes I knew exactly how impatient Reagan was, and I knew how she didn't fully take into consideration others. Like now, she didn't even ask me if I wanted to go, her friends did that for her. But that's Reagan for you, and I guess it's a good thing she has the friends she does. Because that's what I do when I'm with her, I always make sure I consider the other person if there is. I play the good cop if you'd put it that way. I didn't mind though, I liked being nice, and I wouldn't be this way without Reagan.

"Okay, well we're leaving now," Calum yelled and shut the door. I shook my head realizing I zoned out, again. I looked down at my hands before rubbing my eyes. Why am I zoning out again? It's not bad yet, but I don't want it to get bad, ever.

The door opened, and I stood up somewhat expecting it to be Reagan coming to drag me down with her. But I paused when I saw Ashton hauling himself through the door. His breath was fast and loud, and he looked tired.

"You okay?" I asked, making him jump and slam the door behind him.

He laughed once he saw me and nodded his head and gave me a thumbs up. "I'm good, I just ran up the stairs," he pushed his hair out of his face and grinned.

"You ran up the one flight of stairs -that you always run up- and you're extremely tired?" I arched an eyebrow, knowing I caught him in half a lie.

Ashton looked at me and gave me that look where he knows he's caught but he still looks unimpressed. It's actually a hot look somehow.

"So, what's the real story?" I smirked and leaned against the wall.

Ashton waved me off and walked to the kitchen. I followed and scrunched my nose as I looked at the counters filled with dirty dishes.