Too Young

March 12th, 2016

I looked over next to me and I smiled at Ethan. He dragged me out of the house on a beautiful Saturday. The sky was a perfect shade of blue, there was a few white puffy clouds that looked like they'd make the most comfortable pillows in the world. The sun was shining down strong, melting the snow that had fallen during the winter. The side walks had puddles and the roads were filled with slush that sprayed as the cars drove through it. It was definitely almost spring, and I liked that. I hate winter with a strong passion. There's a slight breeze that brushes through my brown hair, it's still chilly outside but not as cold as it use to be.

I hug myself in the spring coat I threw on before I left the house. "Where are we going?" I laughed and looked up at his blue eyes and the grin he wore.

"You'll see Jen," he laughed, and ran his tongue along his lips.

I pouted and walked really close to him so other people could walk by us. "I don't like surprises," I whined, but he only smiled wider and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I know you'll like this surprise," he said confidently. I sighed and sure hoped I did and that it wouldn't turn into a disaster or something bad, I had a way of managing that with surprises.

"What if I don't like this surprise?" I smirked.

He laughed, "then I give you the right to... I don't know, get mad at me?" He shrugged.

I giggled. "I'll take that, but if I get mad at you you can't get mad at me," I pointed my finger into his face.

He laughed whilst nodding his head. "Deal. But, just think, Jen, this is the beginning to our relationship, would I really take you to somewhere you would hate?" His eyes lingered on me and I shrugged. I assumed he would not do that, but people can pull surprises on you all the time. Like Luke did to me with trying to get me to reunite with everyone and have things go back to they way they were.

I used to want that more than anything, but now I don't. I'm finally starting to pick up the pieces in my life. I have friends again, and I have a boyfriend - kind of - and I don't want to mess with any of that. I miss them all, sure, but I don't need them in my life. Sure, it was fun and I'll treasure a few of the memories I made with them that summer, but would I really want to go back to the way things were this summer?

I was sneaking around with Ashton behind everyone's back and fighting with Reagan more than I've ever fought with her in my entire life. Ashton was perfect, hell, I fell in love with him. But, I also knew from the start he would never feel the same way I did. I was doomed from the start and I hated knowing I liked him more than he would ever like me. Why would I want to go back to that?

I've been so trapped with all these thoughts and memories of how perfect little details I've expanded used to seem. I wanted to go back because everything seemed like hell, and nothing was going good. But now, now I was getting happier and I was doing more. I didn't need to go back and have that whole thing replay.

Ethan cleared his throat and got my attention. "I promised a few years ago that'd we'd go here together. So, here we are," Ethan motioned his arms at a lounge we used to talk about always going to together when we were younger. I've been here tons since I could, but I guess I have never been here with Ethan.

When I was really good friends with him and Reagan the three of us always talked about going in there and having the time of our lives.

I laughed and looked down at myself. I was dressed not as well as most people in there would be, but oh well.

"I can't believe you still remember that," I giggled shyly and looked down to my converse shoes.

He opened the door for me and smiled. "Of course I did, how could I forget?"