New Faces

I stand in the mall and look around. My eyes find Ethan's whom is sitting further away on a chair and I'm standing in the food court waiting till I can walk over there and talk to him. But right now I ran into a girl I met this summer through Reagan.

"Hey Jen," she speaks softly, probably noticing that I got lost while she was talking. I think she was talking about her school and how exhausting the hours were but she loved learning hair or cosmetology, or whatever it is she's in.

I blink and smile back at her, "Yeah, what's up, Crash?"

She only smiles in return and looks over her shoulder. "You here with.... Uh... Ethan, right?" She scrunches her nose cutely and tucks a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear.

I nod and flicker my gaze to him before returning it to her. "Yeah, who you here with?" I look around searching for a face I may know or someone I assume she might be with.

She looks around before she points her finger behind me. "Shem and Emma dragged me to the mall, said something about trying to get me to wear something but black. But let's be honest, the only clothing I'm going to buy will be black," she widens her deep brown eyes and I laugh and nod in agreement.

"Once you go black you just never go back," I don't always wear black, but I know the feeling of loving black clothing because it goes with everything and any occasion.

I look over my shoulder and I watch Emma and Shem walk towards us, both them deep in a conversation not noticing anything around them.

I look back to Victoria and push my eyebrows closer together. "Where's Andi?" If I remember correctly the four girls were always together and they were the best of friends.

Victoria sighs and rolls her eyes. "I don't even know. She's always distracted and busy and I understand it's because of a guy, but still."

I nod slowly. "Who's the guy?"

Victoria grins and shakes her head. "You should ask her yourself," she raises her eyebrows with a sly grin on her slips.

I smile. I remember the first time I met all the girls, it was Andi's party at Victoria's.

~ Flash Back ~
// August 7th, 2015 //

"Hey, Re, do we really have to come? We really need to practice for our show tomorrow," Calum mumbled as we all walked into a very large and very beautiful mansion.

"I feel so out of place," I whispered to Ashton who was walking next to me.

He smiled softly and brushed his hand against mine. "I don't think you look out of place," he whispered back.

None of us totally had a clue why we were here but Reagan told us we had to go and that she was going to drag us there.

Well, technically she didn't invite me -in fact she's barely talked to me the past few days - but I was hanging out at Ashton's with everyone when she showed up and started talking about it. Then one thing lead to another and I managed to get myself involved and now here I was walking around with an awkward tension between Reagan and I.

Reagan glanced in my direction, gave me a dirty look along with Ashton, then turned to a talk to a girl, she looked maybe around our age, maybe a bit older.

"Guys, this my friend Crash, or uh, Victoria," Reagan and Victoria giggled, "and Crash these are my friends Luke, Calum, Michael, Ashton.... and Jen," she hesitated before she said my name and I tried to keep any cough or fake laugh from rolling off my tongue.

She waved at us and everyone waved back and she started to lead us through the house.

"She's cute," Michael whispered under his breath to me.