19

Sejeong's father then called a friend who knows how to do grand hair and make-up and told Sejeong and her mother to get ready as they wait. "Seonho! Come here, can you try on this tuxedo for me?" The young man stood up and asked, "What is this for?" with the help of his father, he got the coat and guided it to hug Seonho's body, "Well my boy, we are going to a ball!" Admiring how much his son has grown up, he never realized it as he was primarily busy with his work. He was somehow grateful that he got lost on his way to Dorothea, when he found Seonho and his ex-wife trying to fix a flat tire of their car. "When will the car get fixed father? I'm pretty sure we can't stay here for long." Seonho asked breaking his trail of thoughts, shocked and sad with the question and statement given to him yet he smiled, "I will ask to get it fixed right away, don't worry."

The doorbell rang and he welcomed his friend, "Heechul! My guy!" they welcomed each other with a hug, "Now where is this pretty daughter of yours that I haven't seen yet?" Heechul began while walking inside the house, "I swear to God Sunghoon, if this is one of those step-daughter of yours I will leave right away." He laughed, "Don't worry, this is my OWN daughter, and don't forget Ji-ae." Confused, "Who the hell is Ji-ae?" Heechul followed leads for Sunghoon to sigh, "My ex-wife." As if it was a cue, Sejeong and her mom began to walk down the stairs and Heechul was in awe. "Oh my what a masterpiece! Come now dear, we must begin! We do not have much time." He offered his wrist to Sejeong, while Sunghoon offered his hand to Ji-ae, to help them down the stairs and move to the powder room. And there Heechul began his magic.

Meanwhile in the Palace of Evermore, Sehun was already prepared and was being briefed by their butler. "I know, I know Mr. Lee. Don't worry, but do tell me-- How long is the list?" The butler smirked, "Well sire, we have about 40 ladies excited to meet you." The prince threw his head back realizing how long will he stand and how many time he would need to bow. "I will ask Madame Park to put some back patches on your dresser for later." This time it was Sehun's turn to smirk, "Hmm, or did you finally have a reason to talk to Minyoung noona? I told you Mr. Lee, go get your chance!" The butler laughed in amusement, "I like this little game we are playing, but trust me sire, that girl shall be mine." To which the prince replied, "And she, Mr. Lee, is yours."

He was prepared for tonight, physically. But mentally he is still shaken. He was ready but unready to meet her, he was excited yet he did not want to be disappointed. The trumpets broke his thoughts signaling the start of the ball, guests began to arrive, cameras were clicking everywhere. Celebrities and royalties arriving here and there ready to witness both Kyungsoo's engagement announcement and the introduction of him as the last Evermore bachelor. He can hear the crowd's talk getting louder as he walks closer to the grand hall. But he turned left to the throne room as they were to gather there first before they show up to the audiences.

"Are you ready?" Baekhyun asked, while getting his tie fixed by Hyeran, his fiancé. "Ready as I'll ever be." Sehun replied.