Part 11~Recovery

Slowly coming back to reality, I groaned. My heart doesn't feel so great. I really should stop doing that. Pushing myself out of bed, I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I wasn't in hospital so that is something. I was in the school infirmary though. I wonder what would happen if I went back to sleep. I wanted to sleep! But this bed wasn't comfy at all! I didn't bother waiting for Recovery Girl as I got changed and threw my bag on my back. I used my phone to check the date. Oh great, I'm going to be late for class. Maybe I should just skip. I doubt they're expecting me anyway but I can't leave.

Sulking through the door, I headed to class when I heard someone running. Jumping to the side, I barely dodged Kakashi. What is with this guy and running into me?! "You late again?"

"What gave it away?" Kakashi leaned over, panting slightly as he leaned against the wall.

Sighing, I leaned against the wall myself. "Is that blood on your collar?"

Kakashi's eyes widened as he tried to hide the maroon stain. "No?"

"Listen, I've seen enough bloodstains to know that's one. What happened? A nose bleed? Accident in training? No, it wouldn't be training or you would still be in class."

"It was a nosebleed!" I jumped back as Kakashi shouted loudly, hissing slightly. "Sorry. Hang on a sec, why aren't you in class yourself?"

"I had a heart attack."

"You what?!"

"Had a heart attack. It's a side effect of my Quirk." I awkwardly scratched the back of my head, backing up slightly. "Now, I'm either running from Recovery Girl or Aizawa or Katsuki so we'll talk later." I spun, strolling to my class. Nope, still not an extrovert. Pulling open the door, I saw Midnight in the front of the classroom. What was she doing here?

"Dekiru! You're back!" Kaminari jumped up from his desk, an excited expression on his face. "How are you feeling? Did Recovery Girl let you go?!"

Shaking my head, I tried to stop Kaminari from moving, resting my chin on his head. "Tired... Let me sleep on you."

Kaminari blushed as I hugged him, slowly falling asleep. "D-Dekiru! W-we still have class."

"Don't care. Tired."

Katsuki snorted from his desk, laughing at us. "Good luck Pikachu! When Dekiru gets like this not even Aunty Inko can wake him up!"

Midnight cooed at us as she watched. "Aren't you two just adorable?! Why don't you sit at the back and let him sleep?" Midnight motioned for us to sit in the corner as Kaminari blushed even more. He was too cute. I might have another heart attack at this rate!

Kaminari sat down as I rested my eyes. This was much more comfortable than that stupid bed! I vaguely listened to what was going on in the class. I think they were choosing hero names or something. Whatever they were doing, Midnight shot quite a few of the names down. Katsuki wasn't happy from being shot down as he grumbled murder.

"I have a name," Kaminari announced awkwardly as he played with his fingers. "What about, the Stun Gun Hero: ChargeBolt?!" Kaminari's shout caused me to groan, shuffling to bring Kaminari closer.

Midnight clapped her hands, in delight as she continued the lesson.

~~~

"Evening Aizawa, have you seen my patient? He seems to have gone wandering." Recovery Girl walked into the classroom, the students chuckling.

"At the back." Aizawa temporarily sat up before going back to sleep.

Recovery Girl walked to the back, seeing Kaminari and me still sleeping. If she had liked me, she would have let me continue sleeping. However, she doesn't like me. "Oi, wake up." She pushed the top of my head with her cane, forcing me to wake up.

"Why would you do that?!" My eyes fluttered open as I glared at her. "Is there a reason you woke me up?"

"Is there a reason you left my infirmary without telling me? For all I knew, you were dead." She kept poking me with her cane as I sat up.

"Alright! Alright! I get it." Stretching out my arm, I felt a satisfying click. "But I'm fine, so why don't you stop stabbing me."

Recovery Girl brought back her cane, looking at me with a sassy expression. "You'll only be fine once I checked over you. Come on, you're not dying while in my care!" She grabbed my collar, pulling me away as Kaminari fell to the floor with a dazed expression.

~~~

"Satisfied yet?" Yawning, I crossed my legs and waited for Recovery Girl to finish.

"Yes. Now, your classmates should have all the work you've missed but you should know interns are starting soon so you'll have to pick your hero name and who you're interning with. Though from the looks of it, having a heart attack seems to have deterred most pro heroes that were willing to look after you children."

Nodding, that was pretty fair. I wouldn't want to work with someone who kept having heart attacks. Standing up, I picked up my bags and left the room. What should my hero name be? It wasn't like I thought about this stuff. What's in a name when you're meant to be saving people. Isn't that the point? To save people? It wasn't like our names were a secret. Even if people didn't remember us right now, they can just rewatch the sports festival to find it out.

Letting out a deep breath, I made up my mind. I'll just get Katsuki to name me. He's better at that stuff than I am.

Walking into class, I could see that most people had left. Katsuki was still here and talking to Kirishima. I couldn't see Kaminari but I guess he must have headed home. "Hello, Katsuki."

"Oh, Dekiru, Recovery Girl done with you?"

"Yeah. It took way too long though. Did I miss anything? Other than the whole names and internship stuff."

"Nothing much. Any idea what your name should be?"

"Nope. I was going to let you pick."

"Why don't you go with The Gaming Hero: Player 1? It's what we've been saying for the last few years."

"I suppose that's logical. But who shall I annoy in my internship...?" Looking around, an evil idea came to my head. I chuckled a little as I jumped up. "I'll see you in a minute, Kacchan, I need to talk to someone."

Kirishima gulped as he hid behind Katsuki. "Dekiru is scary."

"Yeah... You get used to it."