Part 17~Vapour

"What do you mean we failed?!" Kaminari gasped, holding out the papers in horror and shock.

"To be fair, you fell asleep and I still can't feel my fingers." I leaned on Kaminari's shoulder, still tired. Recovery from the fight had been a long one. I spent most of it sleeping or talking to the others. At least I finally got my leg out of the cast and my eye wasn't being covered any more. Though my arm was still in a sling and I had an annoying jagged scar under my eye and across my chin.

Kaminari sighed guiltily, putting the leaflet down.

"Hey, don't look so sad. It wasn't your fault." I tapped his chin, forcing him to look at me.

"But it was. If I had talked to you instead of avoiding you, you might not be hurt right now."

"And if I listened to Kakashi instead of my dreams, you might not have broken down. We can both be blamed but personally, I am planning on aiming my blame at the person who smashed my head into the ground sixteen times." I raised my voice, knowing All Might was outside.

All Might hadn't talked to me since the event and I was planning on keeping it that way.

Kaminari blinked slightly. "Who's Kakashi?"

For a few seconds, I forgot that Kaminari hadn't met Kakashi. Well, no one really had, just Katsuki and that was questionable anyway. Slamming my good hand on the table, I jumped up. "You haven't met him! You need to meet Kakashi!"

Gasping, Kaminari backed away. "Wait, you're initiating social interaction? Who are you?! Where is my Izuku?!"

Chuckling, I shook my head. "Very funny Denki, I'll go visit him on my own." I spun around as Kaminari charged forward.

"Wait! I was only joking! I would love to meet your friend."

"Great! Because it's your fault I became social enough to interact with him. Now you shall suffer as well."

"Huh? Aren't you meant to protect me?"

"Physically, yes. Emotionally and socially, it's too late for me to save you. Come on." Linking our hands, I pulled Kaminari down the corridor. I could feel him tightening his grip on me, a goofy smile on his face. So cute. "Kakashi!"

Kakashi looked away from his friends, spotting Kaminari and me, a proud smirk coming to his face. "Hey, Midoriya. I see you finally talked to him. You know you two are the talk of the school. It's not every day when two forget their in an exam and confess to each other instead."

Kaminari blushed as I rolled my eyes. "You're the one who told me to talk to him, if you didn't want me talking to him during the exams, you should have said."

"I thought it would be obvious, besides, can I say, I was right." Kakashi grinned as I stuck my tongue out.

"Maybe it was a mistake coming here. Come on Denki, let's go!"

We tried to walk away but Kakashi wasn't having that. "Wait, alright, I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around us, pulling us back to the group. "You wanted something right?"

Huffing, I nodded. "I thought it would be polite to introduce Denki to the person who talked me into confessing. Denki, this is Kakashi, the weird third year who ran into my life, literally."

The girl and other guy laughed at that as Kakashi looked offended and Kaminari just looked confused. "Kakashi is often late to class so he has to barrel his way down the corridors and often he hits people," the girl explained as Kaminari 'oh'ed. "I'm Nejiro, this is Tamaki. It's nice to meet you."

Nejiro offered out her hand as I nudged Kaminari to take it. "Yeah, it's nice to meet you too. I'm Kaminari."

"So, Kaminari, Midoriya, are you two going to the training camp? It's such a shame we don't all get to go together, but we've got to work." Nejiro dropped her head in disappointment.

"You mean we're got to work... You got kicked out of your last placement." Tamaki played with his sleeve as he talked. Nejiro spun around, placing an offended hand over her heart.

"I'll have you know, I wasn't kicked out I quit!"

"Oh come on Nejiro, it's alright. We know you quit." Kakashi soothed her shoulders as she leaned against the wall in a strop.

"You're both mean."

Tamaki looked genuinely sorry and hurt, apologising as Nejiro realised her mistake. She tried to reassure Tamaki it was alright, but she was struggling. Kakashi only laughed as I smiled. While they were distracted, I took the opportunity to sneak a quick kiss, making Kaminari blush. I swore I saw Kakashi smirking out the corner of my eye but I paid no attention to him.

I didn't care that I still had the bruise from that day, I'm glad Kakashi crashed into me.

~~~

Kakashi stood in his room, staring into the photo that was pinned to his mirror. Kakashi had his arms wrapped around the blond-haired boy. They both had wide grins on their face, clearly happy. That picture was taken a week before it happened.

Kakashi spun around, ignoring the pain in his heart as he pulled out the mask.

He walked to his window, pushing it open despite the cold and rainy weather. Ringing stopped him from leaving, he pulled out his phone, sighing at the ID.

"I'm sorry, All Might, but I guess some habits I can't break." Kakashi placed the phone on the side, letting it ring out as he let go and landed on the path below. Energy ran through his body, filling his veins, his lungs and his heart with power. In a flash, he was gone, running up the wall and dashing across roofs.

Kakashi knew All Might grew impatient with him, how long had they gone through this cycle. Kakashi couldn't count the number of times he arrived at All Might's bloody and bruised, in need of assistance. Every time All Might told him he needed to stop and every time, he ignored All Might.

Flipping over the building, he landed a little away from the villain. "Who are you?'

"Who am I? Oh, dear. Don't you realise? That's not what you need to worry about."