Prologue~Static Screen

I hopped up and down on my chair. Mommy smiled at me before ruffling my hair. She was making me some toast for breakfast and I couldn't wait. I am very hungry.

Daddy was in the other room, he was talking to someone. Daddy is an amazing game director who let me prototype the games he made, well not all, he said somewhere too old for me and I wasn't his target market for those ones therefore it wouldn't be helpful to have me play them.

"I can't come in today," Daddy said angrily. He promised he would spend the day with Mummy and me.

"Wait here Izuku, I'll go see what the problem is," Mummy said, kissing my forehead.

One thing everyone knew, was not to get between Daddy and family day. Mummy was very scary when she wanted to be. Being the main benefactor of the company meant she had a lot of influence in the company and put a lot of people on edge when she threatened them.

Pop!

Smiling, I tried to get my toast out of the toaster. I frowned, unable to get a good grasp of my food. Picking up a knife, I tried to use it to force out my toast.

"Izuku!"

Just as Mummy screamed, a weird tingling came over my body. It was weird but didn't hurt.

Behind me, a flash of light caught Mummy and Daddy's attention but I didn't get time to see what it was as I tilted my knife up and grabbed my toast. The light disappears along with the tingling. Shrugging, I bit into my toast and swung my legs under the table. "Is there a problem Mummy?"

"Well, that was unexpected," Daddy joked while slumping into his chair. "You think that is what the whole is for?"

"We better take him to a Doctor, just to be sure," Mummy said sadly. "So much for family day."

Mummy grabbed my other piece of toast before motioning us out the door and to the hospital.

The Doctor's checked over me to see if there was any damage by the electricity. After they gave me the all clear, I was taken to see a Quirk doctor.

We learnt I could create video game characters when I had an electrical current running through me. I have to play through the game first but other than that there wasn't anything else I had to do.

As Daddy didn't want me to put my fingers into plug sockets, he took me to a support hero engineer that he knew from before high school.

They check out this weird whole on the back of my neck that I've had since birth. Apparently it was an import socket like the ones used in old arcade machines. They made me two plugs, one attached to a power pack for Quirk on the go and the other attached to a plug to go in a wall socket.

By the time school came on Monday, I was more than excited to share my Quirk with Kacchan who had got his a few weeks ago. "Kacchan! Kacchan! I got my Quirk! I'm a literal arcade machine!"