Part 12~Endeavour

Sticking out my tongue, I fired at the boss.

"Dekiru!"

Flinching from the loud noise, I missed the last attack letting the boss hit my character and kill him. "No!" Hitting my head against the desk, I groaned loudly.

"Oi, what are you doing?!"

"Dying. You've killed me! I'm dead!" I rolled out of my chair, falling onto the floor dramatically.

"Alright. Let's go. Interns start today." Picking up my foot, Katsuki dragged me along the floor as I continued to scream about my death.

I could hear dad laughing at me. "Did you distract him in a boss battle again Katsuki?"

"Well, if he insists on playing before we leave, that's going to happen."

Dad chuckled as he looked at me. "What did you think of the new game?"

I scoffed. "It was good until someone killed me." I lashed out a little, successfully kicking Katsuki in the head as he yelped in pain, rubbing the bruised area.

"That's it, you're going to have to walk to the train station." Katsuki dropped me as I glared at him.

I stuck my tongue out before jumping up and walking to the kitchen. I pulled out a bowl, pouring some cereal and eating. "Is that the game you plan on showing during the convention?"

Dad nodded as he looked over his notes. "Yes, so any bugs need to be ironed out. Not long now and if this doesn't hit off it will be a disaster!"

"Calm down sweetie. We still have a few months before the convention is upon us. We are both here to help." Mum brought over a coffee, giving a quick kiss to my dad's cheek.

I cheered dad on as Katsuki tutted. "Come on or we'll be late!"

Sighing, I gulped down the last of the milk in my bowl and placed it in the skin. I spun, giving a quick goodbye to my parents before rushing after Katsuki. We dashed down the road, making it to the train station in time. We got to school and listened to Aizawa's lecture. We took our hero outfits and charged back to the train station.

"This is going to be so epic!" Kaminari and Kirishima pumped up their arms as they cheered loudly. Kirishima was going to intern with Four Kind while Kaminari was going with The Lurkers, whoever that was. I wasn't that up to date with the heroes and I'm not sure if Kaminari really knows but oh well. As long as they don't hurt him. Katsuki- in my opinion- had made a mistake. While he was super strong and going with the number 4 pro hero, Best Jeanist, their personalities couldn't be further apart and they were going to clash, no doubt about it.

I'm not saying I've made a good choice on who I'm going with but mine was more based on pissing this guy off. I could have gone through the effort of finding someone that could help me but realistically, I doubt many would know what to do with me. I'm a sassy insomniac gamer who experiences a lot of heart attacks, I don't know what to do with myself, I don't expect them to know either.

"You ready to go, Midoriya?" Todoroki looked over me as I spun around.

"Sure. I'll message you guys. Well, not you, you killed me." I send a glare to Katsuki, pointing an accusing finger at him while walking away.

Kirishima looked between us with a worried expression. "Dude, what did you do?"

Katsuki sighed. "I walked through the door."

Kirishima and Kaminari didn't understand as Katsuki walked off to catch his train. I looked a little to the side, spotting Iida standing beside a wall. I wonder what his deal is.

Todoroki led me into the city, bringing me up to a massive agency. This is going to be fun.

"Shoto! Who's this?" Endeavour glared at me as I chuckled.

"Name's Midoriya. I'm interning here with your son."

Endeavour narrowed his eyes. "Did I ask you that question?" Biting my tongue, I gave him the sassiest look I could manage.

"Well, father, he is my friend and he was in hospital when everyone chose their internships so I said he could come here. You're not going to send him away, are you?" 'Friend' might be a little bit of a stretch but as we were both deciding to piss off Endeavour, it was probably about right.

"What's his Quirk?"

"Oh, he can summon game characters but if he summons too many his heart starts to fail and he'll have a heart attack."

"What?!"

Leaning in between the two Todorokis, I gave him a too-innocent smile. "It's fine, I carry a defibrillator everywhere I go so if my heart stops just start it right back up. I'll be fine."

Endeavour looked like he was going to say something but nothing came out. He turned away as walked to his front desk. "Get into your hero outfits and meet back here."

Todoroki motioned for me to follow his as I gave an evil chuckle. "I think he likes me."

~~~

Endeavour walked through the backstreets, a dark expression on his face as we followed him. "Listen, Midorik, I will have no nonsense while you are with me. If I tell you to do something, you do it. Don't get in the way."

Nodding, I gave a fake salute. "Yes, Endeavik." Endeavour glared at me, correcting his name. "Oh, that wasn't something we were doing. My name is Midoriya, not Midorik. But you can call me Player 1 if it is a bit easier for you to remember."

Todoroki and I shared a look as Endeavour fumed. I could see steam coming out of his ears!

Crash!

Charging down the streets, we walked into the battle as a villain ran down the street. "Keep the civilians out the way!" Endeavour charged to take down the villain as I flicked on my power pack, letting a small army of Romans block the street. Todoroki gave me a look as I shrugged my shoulders. Endeavour sent fire towards the villain, encasing them in fire and he took them down.

I turned off my power pack before looking at Endeavour. He glared down at me as I stood tall. "Is something wrong, Endeavour?"

"Good job."

Gasping, I looked at Todoroki who looked equally shocked. "Endeavour? Complementing? The villain has replaced him!"

"If you don't shut up, I'm leaving you here."

Todoroki looked up- a dead look in his eyes. "I think that is the first time I've ever heard you compliment anyone in my entire life."