Part 27~Side Quest

"You're telling me that Kongrin- master of all death and destruction- has a husband and kids?" I stared at Charlie who laughed.

"Yep. You get to meet them in the new release. We decided against the whole 'is evil and therefore treats everyone else horrible' thing. He adores his kids and protects them leading to a massive decision for the hero when-" Covering Charlie's mouth, I waved my hands about.

"Spoilers! Don't ruin it!"

Charlie chuckled as she leaned back. "Fine. But once you play it, we need to talk."

Nodding, I was more than glad with that outcome. Turning my head, I smiled as Denki and Mark walked towards us. "You're back. Good drinks?" Denki bounced, wrapping his arms around me.

"They were nice. They have a slushy machine here!"

"If you had told me you wanted a slushy I would have sent you to Phephe, she makes the best slushies and always gives me a discount." I brought Denki into a tight hug, smiling as he nuzzled closer.

"Next time."

"Yeah, next time."

Charlie snickered, watching us. "I see what Kakashi was talking about now."

Blinking in confusion, I turned to her. "What did he say?"

Charlie was about to answer when a ringing caught her off guard. "You can ask him yourself." Charlie picked up the phone, holding it to her ear. "What's up, simp? You're late. Yeah, yeah, I'll come get ya." Charlie hung up as she stood up.

"Kakashi's here?"

Humming, Charlie yawned. "He's lost. I'll be back soon." Charlie walked away, leaving us behind.

"This is great, Kakashi's here!" I smiled as Denki huffed. He didn't seem as excited, resting his head against my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. I just thought we could spend more time together, without everyone else. This is meant to be our date." Denki lowered his head in embarrassment as I chuckled. I brushed his hair back lovingly.

"Of course, come on. I have one place left for us to go." Smirking, I snuck Denki away. I have a feeling mum and Mark noticed us but didn't say anything. I led Denki to the back, ducking under some red tape.

"Are we allowed this way?" Denki looked around nervously as I chuckled.

"You doubt me? Come on." Rushing up the steps, I brought Denki into a large empty room. I stopped by the door, turning on the lights. Hundreds of tiny bulbs lit up in a vibrancy of colour. "This place is kind of a secret hideout for all the panellists. Or it used to be. We stopped coming up here when one of the investors bought a house nearby."

I walked to the side, turning on a small radio. I held out my hand to Denki who chuckled. "You dance?"

"Of course I dance. You think I wouldn't play a game just because it requires me to dance?"

Denki chuckled, taking my hand. The music echoed around us, melting everything in the background away. We couldn't hear the shouting from downstairs or see the buzz of lights from all the games, it was just us. Denki wasn't half back, he wasn't excellent but he seemed happy. Twirling around me, he giggled. My heart skipped. No matter how much time I spent with this idiot, I still couldn't believe he was mine.

He was perfect. Beautiful, loyal, brave and loving. A little dim at times but it was just cute. Every day I just fell for him more and more.

"Izuku? Everything alright? You seemed to be thinking pretty hard there." Denki stepped closer, placing his hand on my cheek. My expression softened as I leaned into Denki's palm.

"I'm great. I love you Denki."

Denki blushed, startled by my sudden announcement. He was so adorable. "I love you too, Izuku."

Wrapping my arms around Denki, I pulled him closer. Leaning in, Denki tipped his head up. It was just us. Our moment. One of the hundreds we will have together and it was perfect.

Boom!

Well, it was until something interrupted our moment. Pulling away, we turned towards the entrance. Screaming echoed from below, terror in every voice. Linking our fingers, I led Denki back down. People were rushing past us, charging towards the exit. I spun around, looking for any sign of what was going on.

Bang!

Everyone ducked down at the gunshot. I glanced towards the villain that was storming closer. Their face was completely hidden by a strangely familiar mask.

"Stain?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. It wasn't him, this wasn't his style. A copycat? No... Someone inspired by Stain. That wasn't good. "They must be here for the heroes. Several heroes guard the convention," I explained to Denki who nodded fearfully. "Let's go." Grabbing Denki, I pulled him away, heading towards the exit.

"Hey, hey, hey! You're not going yet are you?!" A different villain- one with an insane smile and crazed look in their eyes- appeared before us. They blocked the exit, the same Stain inspired mask covering their face. This villain twirled a knife around his fingers, accidentally cutting into his palm. "Oops, I did it again. Bossy keeps telling me to be careful but what's the fun in that." The villain didn't bother to wrap the wound. In full view of the crowd, the wound started stitching itself together until it was nothing but another pale white line in the sea on the villain's skin. "Now, why don't you stay a little longer?!"

The villain charged forward, cutting at the civilian's knees and causing them to double over. The villain chuckled madly when the doors and windows locked, metal plates covering them.

I didn't understand. That's when the voice bounced out of the speakers. "I'm in boys!" The high pitched voice laughed as the security cameras moved sporadically.

"Bossy!" The insane villain jumped excitedly. "Let's find the fake heroes!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Forget the fakes for a second, Owl. Look who it is!" All of the cameras spun, focusing on Denki and me. I gripped him tighter, an unsettling feeling consuming my stomach. "That's the one from Hosu! The one Vapour likes!"

Vapour? My mind ran a mile a minute. Vapour was the one who saved me in Hosu. What did he have to do with any of this?

"Oh yeah, it is! That's so cool! I wonder why Vap cares about this one." 'Owl' approached us as I pushed Denki behind me. I only just got him back, I wasn't letting any villain touch him! Owl smirked, pointing his knife at me. "We should take his fingers!"

"No!" Denki fought against me but- somehow- I was stronger and kept him back.

"We'll teach that no good traitor that he shouldn't have left us!" Owl hopped up and down, beaming from the idea. Stopping, he disappeared from my eyesight. Before I could react, he pinned me to the floor. He held my wrist painfully tight, pushing the blade closer. "This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none and this little piggy cried wah wah wah all the way home." Owl pressed his blade closer to my pinky, cutting into the flesh.

"Isn't that song about toes?"

"Shut up Bossy. I'm doing this, I get to choose the song."

"And isn't it, 'wee wee wee'?"

"Do you want to come down here and do it yourself?!” Owl turned to the camera, pointing his knife at it. When Bossy didn’t return, Owl huffed and turned back around. “That’s what I thought. Now, where was I? Oh, right. I remember. This little piggy.” Owl leaned closer as I struggled harder.

I quite like my fingers, I would like to keep them all!

"Stop!"

Looking past Owl, my eyes widened. Kakashi held up his hand, breathing heavily as he stared at Owl. Owl laughed, jumping up but keeping his foot on my stomach. "Look who it is! The traitor! Hello, Vapour!"

...What?!