Chapter 14- Sinking Feeling

Your mind was hazy as you slowly blinked away your blurry vision. Everything was so...warm...and comforting. If you were honest with yourself, you would have been happy staying here forever.

"Where am I?" You slowly started sitting up only to see you were at some sort of beach. The sky was pitch black, casting everything in shadow save the single glowing full moon resting at the horizon. The cool sand was soft between your toes and the light breeze coming from the salty ocean kept the air fresh. The flow of the calm ocean waves could have lulled you to sleep just as efficiently as a lullaby. A stray thought crossed your mind as you laid back on the sand. "What was I doing? It couldn't have been that important..." You sighed and let your body rest...to sink into the sand.

"You aren't ready to go yet." The voice was deep and familiar to you. You felt like you knew who this masculine voice belonged to but just couldn't quite place the name. Your eyes focused on a figure standing not too far away from you. His ruffled blond hair and muscular physique was beyond perfection. You couldn't see his eyes, but he was relaxed and gentle in form. 

"Go where? Who are you? You seem...familiar...?" You wanted to sit up but the sand was just so comfortable. If you sunk into its depths you would have been happy...but your curiosity had other plans.

"I've been here a long time. I'm not able to sink into the sand like you. It rejects me every time I try...I'm just...stuck." You watched as the man finally turned his face to look at you with his deep golden amber eyes peering straight into your soul. His face was just as handsome as his body and you felt lured to his side. But you were stuck. Like quicksand. "I've been living in this Hell since I lost my humanity. I can't leave. I've been trying to find a way out and I believe you are my ticket." You were quiet in thought as you looked at the man. There was nothing to be afraid of, you could feel it.

"How can I help you? What can I do?" Your natural desire to help others and be a good person reminded the man of the family that took him in as a child. 

"You're just like Jonathan," he chuckled while pushing stray strands back. "Perhaps if I listened to him then I wouldn't be in this situation. Maybe I would actually be able to rest. Tell me, (y/n)...you have seen a vision of my son yes? I need you to find him for me. If you do, then there is a chance I can finally be free of this place."

Everything was starting to come back to you. The voices that could speak to you, the dreams you would have, the Joestar legacy...Jotaro...DIO.

"How can I get back?!" You panicked as the sand pulled you in even deeper than before. It was starting to coat your vision but a strong hand reached out to grasp yours.

"You can trust me, (y/n). Just hold onto me and nothing else."  As soon as your fingers touched, everything turned to a blinding white.

~~

A burning sensation filled your lungs as you gasped for air like a drowning child. As sputtering cough pounded through your chest, your vision started coming back to you.

"...(y/n)...(y/n)! Hey!...Wake up!...(y/n)!..." You blinked the fogginess away like a drunk until you became settled on a face you grew to love. Jotaro's oceanic eyes were practically glowing under the morning sun in Morioh, a curl from his obsidian hair falling in front of his face. The agonizing pain you once felt was completely gone...you felt like new.

"What? What...happened...?" You were laying partially in Jotaro's arms while the other half of your body was supported by the sidewalk. Josuke peaked out from next to Jotaro with concerned furrowed brows and sweat dripping from his forehead. Jotaro breathed an airy sigh of relief with his large hand supporting the bottom of your head like an infant.