Chapter 11- Dream and Nightmares

The beaming sun was warm against your exposed shoulders as you sat in a strapless summer dress at the end of a dock facing a crystal clear lake. A forest surrounded the lake and instead of feeling trapped, you felt a sense of safety...security...you felt quite at home.

"If you stay out too long Miss, you'll get a sunburn!" You turned your head to face the small voice only to see a little boy about with jet black hair and bright turquoise eyes standing on the grass behind you. He was concerned for you, but his expression offered little emotion.

"I'll be fine! Thank you for worrying about me-..." You trailed as if asking his name.

"Haruno...my name is Haruno...but no one really calls me that anymore..." He was timid and reluctant to walk towards you...well...less worried about you and more worried about what he'd see in the reflection of the crystal blue waters. Your toes suddenly felt ice-cold as if they dipped a little too low, and you let out a quiet yelp of surprise.

"It's nice to meet you, Haruno. My name is (y/n)," You spoke with a gentle smile. He slowly walked towards you until he sat next to you on the dock, his body pressed tightly against yours as if he were afraid.

"I know. He told me." Haruno pointed towards the water only for you to see a beautiful yet terrifying man with a viper-like smile and long golden locks staring back.

The man reached out of the water, grabbing you by the throat and pulling you under. The last thing you heard through your gargling screams was a voice so melodic and calm that you somehow felt relieved to be in his presence.

"Thank you for the gift, Giorno."

You jolted awake to an empty room in a place you were unfamiliar with. It took you a few moments but soon enough you recognized the elaborate decorative bedding and headboard...and you felt an exposed chill across your body.

"Good morning. I brought you some coffee," Jotaro cut through your thoughts as he walked into the bedroom with a jet black robe covering his muscular chest. His hair was slicked back due to him recently getting out of the shower with just a single stray curl dangling over his forehead. Every time you saw him, you were stunned by his divine beauty. The scent of roasted coffee beans brought you back to reality, and so you swiftly covered your chest with a sheet when your memories of the night before had returned.

"Thanks, Jotaro," you quietly smiled without it lighting your eyes. Jotaro immediately noticed this and sat next to you on the bed with furrowed thick black brows after handing you your cup. You blew on the hot liquid for a moment to cool it off before trying the drink. "How did you know how I took my coffee?" You asked him, impressed. The inner corner of his lips twitched upwards as if hiding a smile.

"I watched what you ordered when we went to the café. You seemed to enjoy this the most so I tried to replicate it. The coffee machines here are shit though so I apologize for the quality." You shook your head with your heart fluttering.

Jotaro noticed something as meaningless as how I took my coffee just to do something nice for me...he's so much softer than he lets on.

"It's wonderful Jotaro. Thank you." All was quiet for a moment until he asked you the million-dollar question.

"Are you alright? You seem bothered by something." He tried to hide his concern but you could feel in your heart what he was worried about.

"Yeah, I just had a weird dream. A little boy named Haruno was sitting next to me and pointed towards a man sitting underwater. I've been seeing him in my dreams for weeks now...but this is the first time he's tried to attack me," you spoke lowly as you rubbed your aching neck. It was odd...it felt sore.