Chapter 15- I Spy

Time seemed to move so quickly in Morioh.

After everything that happened with Kira, Jotaro elected to keep you as far away from danger as possible. This meant that you and Joseph spent a lot of time together. He should have been paid from the amount of babysitting he did for you, and even more so for the actual baby he found while out with Josuke.

Summer was here, Kira was in disguise and missing, Jotaro was working constantly...and here you were with Joseph and a baby only you could see. You missed seeing Jotaro more than just at night...and it pissed you off that he wasn't letting you help him find Kira.

"I just don't get it Jojo...why isn't he letting me look for him? I can see his aura so a disguise shouldn't be an issue at all. I can track that asshole down faster than any of them. He just won't let me even try. I'm so bored with going between the hotel, home, and the grocery store...I want to go out," you grumbled in annoyance. Joseph's jade eyes settled on you as you burped Shizuka after her bottle. She couldn't have been over six months old, but you definitely had a soft spot for the baby girl. Shizuka was an infant Joseph rescued since her stand made her and things around her become invisible. Even though you didn't physically see her body, you could consistently see her aura of baby pink light. 

"It's nothing against you, sweetheart, I promise. Jotaro...he's um..." Joseph's artificial hand clicked as he tapped his fuzzy chin in thought. He looked like a more mature yet less serious version of Jotaro...well, minus the Japanese blood that ran through Jotaro's veins. "Jotaro cares deeply for you, and just like my dear Holly, he rather dive headfirst into harm than ever risk the women he cares for most. I know it might be a pain in the ass, but my grandson is a smart boy. Just trust him."

For some reason, this response irritated you and Kakyoin could sense it.

"Mr. Joestar has a point. You aren't quite well versed enough with hierophant green to use it to its fullest extent. Someone like Kira is much too powerful for you. It just takes one touch and you're dead-"

"You don't think I know that, Kakyoin?!" You gritted loudly with irritation all over your features. Shizuka sensed your tension and started to cry, leaving you to hand her off to Joseph since you were too tense for the infant.

Joseph and Kakyoin were quiet with matching expressions as if they knew something you didn't, and while it ached your heart to see them that way, you were so tired of being sheltered just like this invisible infant.

"It's-..." you let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of your nose. "It's just not fair to me that Jotaro is able to do what he wants, whenever he wants, and I have to be the princess locked in the castle. I don't care about what's safe, I want to be able to make my own choices about my life. Jotaro doesn't own me, and neither do you." 

Whether you were talking to Joseph or Kakoyin didn't matter, but Joseph's pleas for you to stay fell on deaf ears.

"Ehh Shizuka...Jotaro's gonna kill me...she reminds more and more of Lisa Lisa every day..." Joseph muttered to the baby as he gazed at the door you slammed behind you.

It wasn't like you to have such a temper...but you were tired of having to be saved. Stands were manifestations of one's fighting spirit, so being willing to fight should make you even stronger, right?

~~

July 1st was a Thursday, a popular day for many housewives to complete grocery shopping for the week. You hoped to let out some of your tension by going shopping for Tomoko as she worked both of her jobs back to back this week. With Jotaro and Josuke both eating enough for a football team at home, it was only right to buy more than enough to cover for them.