Chapter 8- Karma Chameleon

It was Thursday night, the evening before Joseph was supposed to arrive, and you were far more nervous than you anticipated. As if you were a teenager meeting your boyfriend's parents for the first time, a wallowing rock stuck itself to your gut and your body was jittery in anxiety. Josuke wouldn't admit that he was nervous, but even he was pacing in his room as he did his daily chores. Tonight you cooked dinner since Tomoko was not going to return until about 1 AM,  but you were glad she wasn't home to question why you and Josuke were so anxious. You nearly dropped the pile of laundry you were holding in your room when Caesar started talking.

"Principessa, what troubles you? It isn't because of that idiot Joestar is it?" 

You let out a gasp as you nearly fumbled your clothes, but quickly gripped them once again. Adorning your figure was a thin night slip due to the growing heat for the oncoming Japanese Summer. Despite being just a spirit, Caesar still blushed and acted flirtatious in your presence.

"A woman as beautiful as you should not have to worry about such pesky men. Come sit with me and I'll make all those bad feelings go away."

Caesar sat on your bed with his left ankle propped on his right knee, his elbow propping his chin on the spot. It was obvious Caesar was an attractive man and the thought of you feeling so exposed in front of him, even though he was dead, still left your cheeks pink.

"O-Oh okay...let me put these away first?" You asked more than stated. As you hung up some of your clothes in the closet and folded others in the dresser, your mind was running at a thousand words ber minute. One starkingly clear thought was how you were able to speak to Caesar while you were in different rooms than Josuke, but not able to see or hear Jonathan since Jotaro was in his hotel room. This gave you the idea that you didn't have to be physically with someone to speak to their guardian spirit, but perhaps just close enough to them. Was there a radius for your medium abilities? Was this the same radius ability of your stand? 

If so, if you copied a stand with meter limits like Star Platinum, would you keep your long distance reach?

All these questions piled up in your mind and you elected to file it in the back of your head to talk to Jotaro about later.

"I don't know why I'm so nervous Caesar. I know I'll have Jotaro and Josuke with me. Hell, even you, Jonathan, and Kakyoin. It's not like I'm meeting him alone but like I...I can't tell if I'm excited or worried," You admitted to the spirit as you finished putting away your clothes. You sat next to him on the bed, the weight dipping down for you but not for him. The fact you communicated with ghosts should have scared you, but they always felt like regular people.

"Sweet (y/n), you may feed off of my energy with your abilities. I've known many women in Italy who were once spiritual ladies such as yourself. Perhaps this is simply something else you are capable of." 

You thought about what Caesar said and looked at his fuzzy and transparent figure. His eyes were still a phenomenal emerald green and his blond hair was gold with perfect layers of feathery ruffles. By any time period's standards, he was considered gorgeous. What is with these Joestar men and their handsome friends?!

"That would make sense. Would you mind telling me a little about Joseph? And I'd love to learn more about you too Caesar, if that's okay," You spoke with a soft smile and a gentle look in your eyes. Caesar was definitely a womanizer when he was alive, but the fact he could sit with you and speak with you as a friend and not a potential lover actually gave him an opportunity to open up about the things in his life that still troubled him. A lover was someone he used for pleasure or as a distraction from the loss of his father and the crimes he committed. The only woman in his life he ever put on a pedestal was his teacher, Lisa Lisa, but she was considered his superior. You were an equal...a friend...a confidant...