Chapter 12- Meeting a Friend

The days with Josuke, Jotaro, and Joseph seemed to have passed by rather quickly. Café visits, teaching classes, date nights, sleepovers...you adored your time in Morioh. Despite this, there was a growing threat looming on the horizon. You felt anxiety as you walked the streets now, even if one of the Joestar men were around. As if your every move was being monitored, your stomach twirled in knots each moment you were alone. Whether it was DIO or something else, you didn't know.

Today, Jotaro came to pick up Josuke due to him needing help on a mysterious missing persons case closer to the outskirts of the town. Tomoko was at work, so you were the one to greet Jotaro at the door with his gigantic body basically taking up the entire frame. With a bright smile, you welcomed your new lover into the home.

"Hey Jotaro, you're early. He's still doing his hair. You know how he is," you giggled while rolling your eyes.

"Good grief," Jotaro tipped his hat to cover the annoyance in his oceanic eyes. "Josuke! I'm not waiting all day! Get your ass down here!" He yelled from the entryway room. Usually, Jotaro wasn't one to yell unless he was in the middle of a fight, so hearing his voice echo thought the house was...different. It warmed your heart to see Jotaro open up and treat Josuke like a little brother despite the odd family situation...and it made you wonder what his other family members were like. Are they all this fucking gigantic?! 

"Sheesh old man! I'm coming!" You heard footsteps thumping upstairs as Josuke was clearly rushing to put away his hair products. Jotaro's eyes landed on you as you both stood silently, then you both broke out in small smiles at the same time. Some days Jotaro was affectionate, on others he enjoyed his space, but just being within your presence had put him at ease. Although, like you, he had been feeling anxious lately because of the increased presence of stand users in town. He was worried about you being alone and could tell you hated being by yourself, so he took it upon himself to ensure you could contact him at any time.

"I got you something." Your eyes were round with innocent confusion as Jotaro handed you a small red device from his back pocket. "It's a cell phone. I figured you didn't have one since you always called on the landline or from your work phone. Here. You can call me if you ever run into trouble," he spoke with a surprising softness in his masculine tone. The Nokia cellphone was flat and rectangular in your hand with a definite weight to it that felt like a tiny brick. You've seen this model before on the recent TV ads and in the magazines at the 7/11 down the street. The model had only been out for a few weeks and was the latest and greatest in technology...so it was bound to have been pricey.

"Jotaro...this must have been pricey...are you sure?" You gasped out as you looked at the small glowing screen with the Nokia logo popping up. You never had a cell phone before...and this was an all-new piece of tech you would enjoy learning how to use.

"Yeah I'm sure," he smiled as he watched your eyes light up like a kid on Christmas morning. Sometimes, he could see how young you were when you reacted to things like this...but other times...

"I'll be sure to pay you back for this, you know," you winked with a sly mischievous smirk. Jotaro's whole face went up in bright red from your mature allusion and just in time for Josuke to see it as he came barreling down the stairs. 

"Woah! Look at my nephew being all embarrassed! Hahaha! You love her!" Josuke teased as he pointed and laughed, but with the vicious side-eye Jotaro gave him, the teen immediately shut up.

"Let's go, pageant queen," Jotaro mocked Josuke as the two of them headed out the door. A vein popped on Josuke's forehead as he followed his elder.

"HEY! What did ya say about my hair?!" Josuke was gritting his teeth and almost shoved off your hands as you went to graze his arm to say goodbye. The jerking movement startled you, and as Josuke realized what he did, he also saw that Star Platinum was standing between the two of you like a shield.