Chapter Two - Royal Friends

"Well I'll get to the chase, degenerate," Tenko leaned on the table and ate a cookie, "We will be friends! Since I don't want to be with any male and you don't want to be with any female, we can both get away from suitors meetings and continue being gays!"

"Ha! Smart!"

"Shush, degenerate! I'm not done," Tenko took another sip of tea, "On these terms, you will also search for me a real suitor, and in exchange, I can do the same for you!"

"I mean I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any ladies but no need for me! My knight is my hope and my hope is everything-"

"Why ya like hope so much??"

"Well let me start from the beginning..." He leaned back in his chair and Tenko rolled her eyes are him, "My birth parents threw me out into the woods as a sacrifice for Atua. I'm not to sure about all that but all I know is it was a twisted version of Polynesian spirit used as the object of worship for a cult." (Please be respectful and don't make fun of "Atua", although it's shown in danganronpa as Angie's cult-god it's a real spiritual  thing indigenous Polynesian people worship)

"That's awful!"

"Yeah... but then the royal hunting team was out on a tournament for our king and found me! When they took me back to the castle, my parents, the king and queen, took me into the royal family and it's been my family ever since," Nagito stopped to take a sip of tea, "But on my thirteenth birthday, our enemy kingdom sent their royal assassin to kill me! When I was coming back from the bathroom, she came and attacked me with a katana and I barely escaped alive!"

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay!?"

"Yup! I ran back where my party was and a bunch of the kids there thought she was cosplaying this one character and they all surrounded her, smothering her with questions and praise and all. Ultimately, she failed the mission and ever since, I had a knight become my personal body guard," Nagito let out a sigh of happiness, "He definitely thought me to be a bit odd and I couldn't blame him. A grand knight like him stuck with some prince like me!? At first, I would have never deemed myself worthy of his affections. But something magical happened. We grew to care about each other. A lot. Affection. We were both thirteen when we first met but young love passed the test of time. He helped me stop thinking so lowly of myself, though sometimes I catch myself doing it from time to time but I try not to. Just me and Hajime~"

"Aww," Tenko huffed, "Lucky..."

"Hey, don't worry about it, Tenko," He noticed the saddened look in her eyes and his melted to the same, "You'll find your magic someday."