Chapter Six - Visiting Compromise

"Aww! Himiko! What a cute name!" Tenko gushed at the red headed mage in front of her.

"Nyeh! No, it's not! It's magical~~" Himiko furrowed her eyebrows as she examined Tenko, "You should be fine now. Well, bye, bye! Show her the door, Gonta." Himiko started to turn around and go back to her cauldron, but Tenko grabbed her sleeve and pulled her back. Himiko was practically in Tenko's arms; a little closer than the princess intended to bring the mage. She let go immediately, leaving both girls' faces with a light blush.

"I actually wanted to find you. I was wondering if you would help me with your magic!"

"Go on..."

"I want a love potion," Himiko gave a frightened look and Tenko immediately added on, "Not the evil ones you feed someone to get the to fall in love with you! But, something, a spell maybe, that will bring me the girl of my dreams. Or just a girl! Any romance! It doesn't have to be my soulmate or some Angel but just-"

"Nyeh, no!" Himiko interrupted, "I'm a powerful mage. I will not waste my magic just for you to get a girlfriend. Go get one yourself... I'm tired."

"But I can't! Ever since the royal officials have found out I'm a lesbian, they won't let me have girl friends so thus, I have no chance to talk to girls! My only friend is some prince twink they think I'll be marrying. I need something! Please, Himiko."

Himiko's expression softened, then looked confused, then returned to it's yawning state. Tenko noticed all of this. After all, emotions were a big part of aikido. However, despite this quick expression changed being adorable, Tenko couldn't help but think something was being held back. She made a mental note to remember that for later.

"Nyeh? Are you some kinda princess?"

"Yeah, yeah, anyways can you-"

"Still no," Himiko brought her hat over her eyes, "Anything else?"

Tenko thought about this. "Oh! Yeah! Uh... could you uncurse that one kingdom? My friend is the prince there and it's causing a lot of troubles."

"No!" Gonta interjected, "The hunters try to hurt Gonta's family! That's not very gentlemanly of them! And Gonta must protect everyone!"

"Yeah!" Himiko agreed with him, "So no way!"

"Can you give me time to convince you? It'd be a real waste if I traveled so long for nothing. Please?"

Himiko's face flashed a soft expression for a split second once more. "For the love thing or removing the curse?"

"Either one! Or both!"

"Okay, okay, fine," Himiko yawned, "I'll give you five, no ten, no- eh, I'll give you as long as I want. Until I feel like kicking you out."

"Thank you for your kindness, Himiko!" Tenko picked her up off the ground in a hug, "You're amazing!"

Because Himiko's face wasn't in Tenko's sight, she couldn't see the look when the red head's eyes lit up. It was just for a second, but if Tenko saw it, she would've fallen apart. She would've made a mental note Himiko held something back once more in the moment. But she couldn't see her face.

"Nyeh, yeah yeah. Put me down..."

"Oops! Sorry!" Tenko quickly let Himiko go, but this just caused her to fall, "Ahh! Sorry, Himiko!" She grabbed Himiko's hands and brought her to her feet. Then Tenko straightened out her hat and gave her the hair pin that dropped.

"Nyeh, thanks..." Himiko saw something in Tenko. Yep, there was definitely something special about Tenko. But she just couldn't put a finger on it. She instead decided to just ignore it.