Chapter Nineteen - Atua's Word

Before this chapter starts, I was on Pinterest and saw this outfit and it's 100% how I imagine Himiko dressing in this fic so I just thought I should share:

(Now back to the chapter)

———

The whole kingdom had heard of the gigantic scandal by now. In fact, the king willingly sent out a royal announcement explaining the imprisonment of his own daughter. He seemed so proud to say it the message got out in no less than the day after Tenko was locked away. When the fairies heard, they immediately packed up and headed back home. Well almost immediately.

Chiaki and Mikan stopped to bring Ibuki along with them, meeting up with the others later. The two girls had grown close to her and were willing to trust her with their identities. Plus, Ibuki wasn't quite fit for a royal job. Her parents always had her hair tied up in a ponytail that was strategically styled so her white, blue, and pink bits of hair were covered by her black hair. It wasn't her.

———

When the three of them arrived back at Himiko's house, she was gone. Instead, Gonta was sitting on a chair downstairs reading about bugs.

"Ah, you look for Himiko? Others came earlier for Himiko and Gonta tell them she at lake. She at lake!"

"Thank you, Gonta!" Chiaki smiled lightly as she left the house, and then explained the Ibuki, "That's Gonta. He lives with the mage we've been telling you about and he's quite sweet."

When the girls got to the lake, Himiko was sitting down and all the mermaids gathered around and the other fairies who had changed into their normal clothes that allow their wings to show—having had given the old pairs to Himiko.

"Ah the titlesses and their lesbian lover is here!" Miu remarked, seeing them approach, "Can you break this news to us now? I'm getting hot and not the good kind!"

"Guys!" Himiko waves them over, "Nyeh, what what happened to Tenko?!"

"The mirror... her father dropped it after he saw its magic, breaking it. Then, Tenko was imprisoned for witchcraft. He plans to keep her like that until she is wed to Byakuya," Sakura sighed and the others already started hugging the mage.

"..." Himiko got up, releasing herself from the others' hug, "I... should get going. I need to..."

"Take all the time you need," Aoi smiled, "We'll be here when you need us."

And like that, Himiko took off running all the way back to her house. She wanted to just go up stairs and fall on her bed to cry her eyes out. However, when she stepped into hut, Gonta was talking to a white haired girl.

"Ah! There Himiko now!" Gonta pointed to the mage who had just walked in the door.

"Gonta... who is this?" She questioned, repressing the feelings she wished to show to sit down with the two.

"This Angie! Angie, this Himiko!"

"Ah! So you are the distressed soul Atuta told me about!" Angie smiled and Himiko... just looked confused, "You see, I speak to the god above, Atuta and I'm even next in line to be his head priest! And when I saw Ibuki leaving her house, he told me I must follow her for soon, someone who be in great peril and need my guide! Atuta described this souls would be short and red-haired, and very special! You are a mage, correct?"

"Nyeh! That's... correct," Himiko sighed, almost scared of the girl, "So... what do you plan to do?"

"Well, back in the kingdom, I am pretty important, but I'm sure I can stay for today," Angie smiled, quickly taking Himiko's arm and leading her into the woods, "Plenty of time for Atuta to led you to a better state!"

Angie took Himiko out into the woods where the two started meditation. Although, if Himiko was being completely honest, she wasn't doing much meditating. She was looking at Angie; smiling as the wind swirled her white hair around, the sun seemed to shine down on Angie--making her glow. The girl was absolutely gorgeous. (Sorry, I'm an Angie simp y'all. Ignore my raging lesbianess.) Himiko had once looked at Tenko and thought the same of her beauty before. Remembering this, she decided she would not let herself lose Angie the same way she had lost Tenko. The red-head didn't understand how people as great as Angie and Tenko cared for her like they did.

---

The girls spent the day out in the woods, Angie speaking to the mage about Atua's will and Himiko smiling along. In all honesty, the thought of the god kind of helped Himiko. It was a sort of reassurance that everything would be okay.

"Hey, Angie...?" Himiko asked as the two reclined back in the grass, watching the sky which was now growing dark. The mage got major deja vu. "After today, can you still stick around? Nyeh, I don't want you to leave."

"Oh, Himiko! I have to part. But do not fear! I have shared Atua's words with you! He can help you with any pain from here on," Angie turned in the grass to face Himiko, waving her hands around in the sky in some illusion to the god she talked about.

"Nyeh! B-but... I love you!"

Angie's eyes widened and immediately sat up. She took Himiko into her arms and hugged the girl who was begging her to stay. "Eh, Himiko, in what way?"

"I..." The mage looked around, thinking of how to word what she wished to say. With an idea coming to mind, Himiko grabbed the shoulders of Angie's yellow coat and pulled her down. However, when she was about to kiss the girl, Angie pulled her back into a hug, preventing it.

"Ha, I think you want to save that for Tenko," She simply laughed, not judging Himiko's actions nor going along with them.

"But... I love you! I need you!"

Angie shook her head, hugging her more. "I have no doubt you love me, and I love you too. However, it is not in the way you are thinking of. Also..." She pulled away from the hug just a bit so she could look the mage in the eyes, "You don't need me. You need someone. You need hope. You needed what I gave you. Not me."

"Then... who will I get to love?"

"Ahh! That answer will come with time! Atua says it will all work out just fine!"