Chapter Twenty One - The Mage and The Princess

A circle was formed on the ground from the light that streamed in through Himiko's bedroom window. She was barely awake as she stared at the light. At this point, Himiko was unsure of how she felt; unsure of how she should approach everyday. Although she had recieved a reassurance of some sort from talking with Angie, Tenko was still not in her arms at the end of the day. Leaving the mage feeling empty.

Nevertheless, she decided lying around all day wouldn't sort out all her thoughts and feelings. Her feet touched the cold ground as the night gown she wore hung a few inches above it. Himiko walked towards her door when she saw a note on it.

Too Himiko,
Hey Himiko! It Gonta! Go outside!!"
- Gonta

If she was in a more awakened state, Himiko's mind would have been racing with possibilities of what was to come. However, she was tired and unsure and confused and empty. So when she walked down the hall and saw Gonta's bedroom door open with him sleeping inside, Himiko just continued walking.

It was like her mind had gone somewhere else. Somewhere so far away, it practically didn't exist. Then, she opened the front door and was immaculate brought back to the present. Right there, right when.

Out in the lawn, a girl was sleeping. No, not just a girl. Himiko's girl.

Tenko had been trying to stay up to surprise Himiko in the morning, but obviously, that failed.

The mage stood there. Taking in Tenko's presence. This time, there was no rush to think of what to say in order to remain on a neutral ground. And even if Tenko was awake, well, Himiko didn't want to stand on neutral ground with her any longer. She wanted somewhere much better. Maybe a ground with many flowers and fresh air. Somewhere Tenko could have never imagined in her wildest dreams back at the castle. All these thoughts ran through her head and she took the time to acknowledge each one of them:

When Tenko slept, she seemed confined within her own figure—unlike Himiko who was sprawled out in any direction her small limbs could reach. However, her hair seemed to stick to skin. Not like bed head or grease, but rather like it naturally fell to whatever whatever it touched. And with Tenko's eyes closed, Himiko realized for the first time how long her eyelashes were. They suited her. Everything suited Tenko. She still had that ink stain running down her arm which was described to Himiko in the letter. Although, you couldn't see most of it has she was still wearing the same gown she was imprisoned in. Also, on the hands which Tenko had folded under her head as a pillow where covered in cuts. That worried Himiko. She's have to ask about that later.

Then, in the early morning light, the mage approached Tenko—barely able to believe the girl was here. The question of how would be for another time. All that matter right now, was that she was here. Himiko even reached her hand out to hold Tenko's face, just for reassurance that she wasn't having some great dream. And that gave Himiko all the conformation she need:

Yup. She was real alright.

The touch caused Tenko to stir lightly in her sleep, blinking her eye open to facing the red head.

"Himiko?"

The mage fell down on top on Tenko, wrapping her arms around the princess who was quick to return the gesture. She laughed as they started rolling in the grass, staining both the girls' dresses. "Yes! Yes! Yes! It's me, Himiko! I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! And this time..." Himiko pulled Tenko up so both of them were sitting. Their bodies were slightly turned to face each other as their legs were sideways entangled with each others'. "We're staying. I'm done with running. I'm done lying. I'm just-"

"No words have ever made me this happy to hear," Tenko hugged the girl once more. And if it was up to her, she would have spent forever like that, "Himiko... you're truly amazing."