Chapter Four - Four Am Venture

The next morning, Tenko woke up before the sun. She wore a light dress and put a dark purple, silk coat on top. Tenko hoped it would be a quick trip, but she brought extra clothes just in case. Along with the clothes, she also packed non-perishable food, a jug of water, a jo (wooden staff used in aikido), and a blanket. She put on shoes for for walking and set off to find companions.

When Tenko reached the woods that Nagito was cursed under, she hesitated. Would she also be slowed down if she took this short cut? And if she was, her plan would be ruined. But then it hit her. If the forest made her go in slow motion now, it would later. And that is the forest Tenko would be venturing through to find the sorcerer. It may have been better for her to just find out then and there. Tenko accepted the gamble.

Stepping one foot in, she felt no change in movement. Another foot. Nothing. Tenko fully entered into the forest. She waved her hands around. A quick and swift as always. Tenko was unaffected by the curse. Strange.

She ran through swiftly, reaching Nagito's kingdom while it was still dark. Tenko looked up the castle wall. Nagito's room was at the very top floor. But Tenko could do it. The wall was made of stones and had not been filed down to a flat shape. So with that, Tenko was swung the satchel's straps over the stones that stuck out the most, and hoisted herself up. Once she reached the stone that anchored the bag, Tenko threw one of the straps up and started the process again. It was tedious, but she was skilled. All those manner classes she skipped to attend aikido lessons down south of her village was finally paying off.

Tenko threw the straps of Nagito's window sill and tapped the glass.

The boy came forward and opened the window for her.

"Tenko!? It's like four am! What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to find the sorcerer!" Tenko jumped inside and brought her satchel in, "I believe the sorcerer can bring me love! I... I can't just not do this! So, my loyal degenerate, I am asking-no, demanding your company and that of your finest knights as well!"

"Mm, Nagito?"

"Huh?! Who goes there?!" Tenko threw up her hands in defense.

"That's Hajime," Nagito lit a torch in the room, casting a glow upon it. His room was much neater than Tenko expected. She also saw Hajime cuddled up in the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me he was here?!"

"Well I didn't know you would show up!"

"Were you...?"

"Tenko! God, no!" Nagito sighed, "I'll pack a few things and see if what knights I can bring along.

"Yes! Move quickly! I would have brought my own knights but father is very traditional and since I'm a girl, he only allows me to command the servants actions. Not knights. Also we don't have any of our age like you do-"

"Wait, hold on!" Hajime got up from the bed and interrupted Tenko, "Have you two thought this through? Bringing the prince and his knights so you can get a lesbian lover? The kings of both kingdoms would be furious! Not to mention, Tenko, have you forgotten about the curse?"

"I... well I just tested it out and I wasn't slowed down!"

"But Nagito was. Along with all of the subjects here. From this we can conclude..." Hajime paused and his gaze become focused and analytical.

"Psst! What's he doing?" Tenko whispered to Nagito.

"Probably playing subway surfers. Give him a second."

"I got it!" Hajime said, "This curse must have been casted on just those of our kingdom. Meaning the sorcerer is specifically targeting us. For why, well, we don't have enough facts to reveal that yet."

"Wow, your boyfriend is dramatic."

"Anyways," Hajime ignored Tenko, "None of our knights nor Nagito will be able to accompany you. It looks like you have to do this alone."

(Sorry! This was kind of a filler chapter but it's leading up to the main event so stay tuned! :))