Chapter Seven - Admiring the Mage

After Himiko had granted Tenko permission to stay, Tenko had went upstairs to take a nap for a few hours. Himiko told her where the guest room she was staying would be and since she missed out on a lot of sleep during her journey to the forest, Tenko thought it would be best to catch up on those lost hours.

———

Himiko was downstairs brewing a potion. She would call out for ingredients and Gonta would hand them to her.

Tenko was quietly descending the stairs, watching this exchange happen. Himiko was standing on a small stool to reach the cauldron as Gonta made rounds around the shelves whenever she called for a new item. He was moving at a fair pace and seemed to have known where everything was.

"Ooh~" Tenko awed as she stood by the bottom of the stairs. She always loved magic and getting to watch the colors explode and mix and light up in the small girl's control was more than she could have ever imagined. She was truly in awe. Tenko didn't want to disrupt her so she quietly moved a chair close to where Himiko was working and observed.

As she brewed, the glowing substance in the cauldron reflected on to her face. Himiko stuck her younger out a bit as she concentrated. She was so into her brewing, it was as if the world didn't exist to Himiko at the moment. Tenko watched this all thinking she looked adorable. She didn't even realize while watching the mage she developed the same intrigued look.

Without even thinking about it, Tenko rose from the chair and stood behind Himiko. Once she had finished mixing and pouring, the mesmerized princess finally said something:

"Hey, Himiko!"

"Nyeh!" The mage said surprised as she turned around to Tenko who's presence she was unaware of.

"That looks so cool! What is it? What does it do? Is it poisonous? Can I drink it? Is-"

"Slow down..." Himiko yawned, "I was just making a healing potion. I always have 'em on stock for emergencies. We used one on you so I had to restock."

"Wow! You're so talented, Himiko! Can I help bottle it?"

"Nyeh, Gonta takes care of that."

"Yep!" The sweet giant interjected, "Gonta help like gentleman!"

Himiko hummed in agreement and headed up stairs.

"Hey!" Tenko was close behind her, "Where you going, Himiko?"

"I need to nap...," Himiko released her cloak sleeve from Tenko's hold.

    "But, Himiko!" The princess ran right back  up to her, blocking her path to the stairs, "When will your nap be finished? I want to have time to convince you to use your magic to find me love or to free my friends' kingdom from the curse! I practice aikido and if it's taught me anything it is to be persistent in reaching a goal. I won't back down!"

    "Nyeh... maybe you've been practicing too much," Himiko yawned. She looked bored and Tenko started to worry if this was a constant thing or if she was the one who bored the mage. Tenko desperately hoped that was not the case. She had taken an immediate liking to Himiko and swore to herself to protect the girl no matter what. And despite the few hours she knew the red head, Tenko didn't want the love potion anymore. She wasn't even eager to lift the curse (although having a friendship with Nagito, she still decided to continue pursuing the removal of Himiko's spell). Tenko had decided that she would dedicate her main goal to staying with the mage as long as possible. Occupying as much of her time as possible. And making the girl as happy as possible.

    "So...? What do you say? I could even help you out! I'll do anything to help Himiko!"

    "We just met..." She yawned once more, "But... eh, fine. There's this one lake. And it's magic. There's mermaids and fairies and all sorts of magical beings living there. And there are also magical plants. We can go gather some for my potions. I use them often."

    "Perfect, Himiko!" Tenk grabbed her arm and ran out of the house, "Led the way~~!"

    "N-nyeh!"