Chapter 36 (2)

Oliver's POV

About two weeks later, it was time for Mami and Papi's trip to France. Mason, Lucían, Daniel and I bid farewell to them as they hopped on the plane. We watched them take off and left the airport. Daniel called his mom to pick him and Mason up, and Lucían and I drove to this hotel we are staying at. "Lucí boo, you know what I've been thinking about?" I said to him.

"What's that?" He smiled, holding my hand.

"Remember how you asked if we can have sex together and I said no? Well, I changed my mind." I told him.

"That's very nice and all, but I don't want to. I'm currently with someone else. He's my new boyfriend." He explained to me. I couldn't believe what I'm hearing. Lucían actually cheated on me and I didn't know what to believe. "It's not your fault. There was this party and we just clicked, you know?" He continued.

"I can't believe you cheated on me." I said as I began sobbing. I wanted to go home right now and cry myself to sleep and stay there instead. "Take me home. I never want to see you again!" I screamed at Lucían and he pushed on the break hard.

"You listen to me, Olivarez. Don't you ever act like a pussy! You hear me?" He said in an angry tone and hit me hard.

"No. And if you ever hit me again, I'm telling your boyfriend who you really are!" I shouted, feeling my cheek.

"Riiight." He smirked. We made it back to my house and I took my luggage and opened the front door and made it inside, going to my room immediately. I just wanted to cry some more and that's it. Later that night, around 6 pm, I got a phone call from Papi.

"Hey, son! Your mom and I are in France right now, having the greatest time of our lives!" He said from the speakers.

"That's nice. Have you told Mason?" I asked sadly.

"Yeah, why not?" He laughed. Good old Papi, laughing something off as if it wasn't a big deal. I didn't know what to believe right now, feeling like I'm going to die alone. "Son, if you need anything, just let us know. Okay?" He said.

"Yeah. I love you." I nodded, ending the call shortly afterwards. I looked at my phone some more and went through old photos of Lucían and I, deleting them all. I got a few text messages from him, saying he needs me, he wants to talk, etc.

I blocked him in my contacts and then social media. By 8 pm, I made myself some spaghetti and ate it alone, rewatching the American version of Queer As Folk for the thousand time. I started watching it back in August last year and finished in December that year and couldn't stop crying.

Since then, it's been my favorite show and I couldn't find it more interesting than any other show I'm into. Except for Star Trek, but that's a different story. 10 pm rolled around and I was reading my book some more. I began falling asleep and woke up at 6 am, drool in my book. Thank god it didn't get in the page I was in or I would've freaked out a lot. I woke up, still feeling heartbroken and a shitty feeling.

I played some sad music and cried some more, feeling like all of this will never end. Sienna called me and I declined her call. She called again a few minutes later and I did it again. Same goes for Jules. I didn't feel like talking to anyone or do anything right now.

I just felt like I had nobody there for me. It was just ridiculous, me and Lucían had three years together and it's all been a lie. I took the things he gave me and threw them to the trash can I currently have. I refused to see them as they reminded me of him. I got a few text messages from Mami and Papi on their trip and responded back with thumbs up and other happy emojis.

For breakfast, I made myself gluten free pancakes with some flax seeds, chia seeds and other healthy stuff in it. I also added some dark chocolate onto the recipe. Once I finished eating my pancakes, I went to swim for a bit and pictured my life when I was a kid, thinking back to how happy I was.

11 years ago, 2023

I was playing and singing to this song, while Papi played the piano. Once it was over, Mami began clapping and I bowed down with a smile. "Thank you, everyone!" I exclaimed.

"Oliver, there's something we need to tell you." Mami said as I sat down in the couch.

"Son, your mom and I decided it was best for you to become a big brother and given that your mom and I can't have another child naturally, we are adopting one instead from Europe." Papi told me and explained how adoption works.

"Oh, so like getting a pet!" I grinned.

"Yes, just like getting a pet." He laughed.

"I want a brother! No wait, I want a sister! Can I have them both? Pleaseeee!" I jumped around.

"We'll see." Mami chuckled.

"Yay!" I danced around and sang a little song I made up called the mouse song.

"So, what do you say, Oliver? Do you think you can handle being a big brother?" Papi asked.

"Yeah!" I hugged him and Mami.

"Good." They said and I ran to my room with excitement some more. A few weeks later, I was getting out of school and I got a surprise when I made it home.

"Oliver, meet your little brother Mason. Mason, this is your big brother Oliver." Papi said.

"Hi." Mason said with a squeak, shyly. He hid behind Mami.

"Is he broken?" I asked.

"No, he's just shy. But he'll you get used to you." She told me.

"Mason, I'll be good to you and play with you lots. I promise." I said to him.

"Okay." He said, taking my hand and we went to the backyard.