Prologue

Oliver's POV

Ding!

School was over for the day and I went immediately to my cubby and grabbed my backpack. Once I got it, I walked to the hall and made it to the third door to the left. I waited patiently and saw little kids, much younger than me.

"Oliver!" Mason, my younger and adopted brother, exclaimed, hugging me.

"Hey, little bro!" I smiled, grabbing his hand as we left the school building.

My parents adopted him from England, about a few months ago because they were concerned that I would be lonely, since I didn't have any siblings or friends to play with. I have my cousins, Bella and Perrin so I don't quite get how can I be lonely. Plus, I enjoy my space a lot, if that helps.

"So, how was school?" I asked Mason.

"It was good! Ms. Smith taught us the color wheel!" He told me. That's what Iove about having a younger sibling. I get to teach him stuff too.

"Really? That's good." I said, proud of my little brother. We went to the bus and once it got to Fox studios, we sat in Papi's trailer and waited for him and Mami.

She has been part of The Orville since I was 3 years old, but as of recently, she joined the show as a main character as well as Uncle Tom. Uncle Brad started being in the show recently as a recurring character. They both play husband and wife aboard the Orville but have different positions on the ship.

Mason still doesn't understand why we have to do this. I told him that we can't interrupt anyone or they'll have to start over filming and that wouldn't be right.

"Oliver, I'm hungry." He said, grabbing my backpack.

"Okay. But I'll give you grapes instead. Will that help?" I asked him.

"I want a biscuit!" He shouted. I gave him the cookie and just like that, he calmed down. I grabbed my tablet and started playing Fruit Ninja. "I want to play too! Let Mason play too!" Mason exclaimed.

"Okay." I said, changing to multi player and we began slicing fruits. Yeah, things have been great so far in life. I do enjoy having a younger brother and telling him what to do.

"Oliver?" Mason said.

"Yeah." I answered, pausing the game and turned off my tablet.

"When will Papi get out?" He asked.

"Soon, little brother." I told him.

Familiar footsteps started walking and I went to do my homework but it was impossible to do so because of how much I have to pay attention to it and not anything else, including drawing.

"How are my two boys doing?" Mami said, hugging Mason. and then sat next to us.

"Doing good! Oliver and I played a game with fruits!" He told her. I got frustrated and put my notebook back to my backpack as well as my pencil.

"Oliver, is everything alright?" Mami asked.

"Why does school have to be hard!" I rolled my honey brown eyes.

"Sweetie, just do your best." She assured me.

"I can't do my best if I have attention problems!" I yelled, starting to cry. Mason hugged me and said that I'll be okay. It was now 8 pm and filming was supposed to be over by now.

"Heyyy, love!" Papi smiled to Mami, lifting her for a kiss. They were kissing for a few minutes. Gross. I thought to myself, rolling my eyes.