Chapter 1

༻༺━━━⁎∗

༻༺━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━༻༺

As the sky grew dark and the moon took its place, a young girl drove through the busy streets of Toronto with glazed eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

The sound of her phone continuously ringing echoed through her car, trying to grasp her attention. She had no intention of answering. Her night had been... Shit to say the least, and the last thing she wanted to do was listen to his bullshit excuses and pleads for forgiveness.

What had she done to deserve this pain? Her heart was broken, she thought that maybe he was the one. But walking to find her boyfriend cheating on her was enough for her to recognize how wrong she was.

She didn't know what to do, all she knew was that she didn't want to be anywhere near him and that she wanted to drown her sorrows whether that be in a bottle of wine or just some ice cream which would probably the safer less explosive option. Her car came to a halt as she pulled up to her apartment building.

The brunette walked through the threshold of her apartment quickly closing the door behind her. She kicked off her shoes, letting out a sigh as her hand brushed over her face before dropping it.

The past year had been difficult for Rowan and this was just the cherry to top it all. She was alone yet again, with no one to help her fight her battles; her parents died about a year ago in a car accident leaving her to deal with life's struggles on her own. Within that year she also found that all her friends were fake and none of them could give jack shit about her.

Rowan trailed into her bedroom dragging her feet with each step. She looked down at her phone seeing the messages and missed calls from him. "No Rowan, he is not worth your tears!" She scolded herself sighing in frustration as she wiped her tears from her cheeks while taking a deep breath to calm herself. She threw her phone onto her bed and grabbed the tv remote and flicking it on to continue watching the vampire diaries.

As the phone buzzed continuously, she grabbed her phone frustratedly. "What Jamie! What could you possibly have to say that would justify your actions!" Rowans shouts, her voice getting louder with each word but it's starts to break as her eyes began to glaze over, and tears trickle down her face.

"I'm sorry Row, it was a mistake, I--I  l--love you" He answers slightly stuttering.

"I don't want to hear it, you obviously didn't love me that much if I caught you in bed with some trashy slut" He was about to say something but she cut him off. "We're over, goodbye Jamie" she finished before quickly ending the call and blocking his number.

She cradled herself under the comfort of her furry blanket as tears fell and her eyes grew heavy from exhaustion and as she began to drift off, all she could think about, was what her life would be like if she was in the vampire diaries.