Chapter 8

A/N- First off, before we start I just wanted to thank you all for 1k reads!!! You are all Amazing!!!

I do want to apologise though for the long wait for this chapter, I have been busy with school and assignments. Anyway, this chapter is a lot longer than my usual chapters so...
Enjoy x

*Comment, Vote and Follow*

...

Caroline quickly came to her senses following the insistent and intense looks that she received from her two friends. Even though there was a slight reluctance to do so, she decided it would be best to get it over and done with, so she went to apologise to Bonnie while Rowan and Elena kept a close ear to what was being said in the other room.

Rowan jumped up onto the counter, distancing herself so that her eavesdropping wouldn't be as noticeable and look as if she wasn't listening in on Bonnie and Caroline's conversation, but she was, her perfect hearing coming in handy as she continued to listen in on their conversation. Elena shifted her gaze away from the girls and over to Rowan, scrutinising her.

Elena could tell there was something different about Rowan but as she looked her over, she couldn't put her finger on what it was. The Matthews girl had been antsy and a little on edge; more secretive. Elena was concerned for her friend, she knew that her friend was aware of what lurked in the shadows, after all, it was what caused her to end up in the hospital, But Elena didn't want Rowan getting herself into a dangerous situation like she had done so a few weeks back. So in that moment staring at what Elena thought to be a fragile human, delicate from all that the world threw at her, she decided that it would be her responsibility to keep an eye on the brunette that was like a sister to her and protect her. But yet finding out why her friend was being so secretive maybe something to add to her to-do list.

Rowan pulled her phone from her pocket and started flicking through it, but as she did so she could feel Elena's gaze on her, but she couldn't determine whether or not to acknowledge it. Rowan sighs and turns her head to the Gilbert girl. "I can basically feel your eyes piercing through my skull, Elena."

Elena bites her lip nervously apologizing, "Sorry."

"What's up, I can tell you want to say something," Rowan questioned, raising her brow at Elena. She doesn't respond immediately, but Rowan could basically see the clock in Elena's mind ticking as she tried to decide what she wanted to say and what to ask. Elena was smart, Rowan knew that, so she knew it would only be a matter of time till she put the pieces together, that Rowan wasn't the fragile human friend that she thought she was. Who knows she may even find out the other truth. But that would be much harder considering Rowan was determined to keep that hidden.

It was bad enough that she had let herself slip and told Bonnie; when she asked herself why she came up blank. She didn't know why she had such trust in Bonnie but she did. There was an inkling inside her that was telling her that she could trust her, and she just decided to put her trust in that feeling.

Elena was about to say something when Caroline yelled at the girls that they could come in since she and Bonnie had mended.

"We can talk later?" Rowan offered, and Elena responds with a tentative nod as the two enter the living room.

"There's way too much drama in this room. So what do you guys wanna do?!" Caroline asks, while the three just shrug their shoulders looking at each other. Caroline, gasps an idea coming to mind. She grins at her friends "I have an idea why don't we have a séance?" She suggests.

"Oh no..." Rowan murmured, but it was quiet enough that no one noticed. Elena groans at the idea, knowing it would lead to nothing good.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Bonnie says quickly. Rowan could see that the witch slightly stiffened at the sudden thought of the ghost, that had been haunting her and it was obvious she was uncomfortable with the idea of being in contact with her.