Chapter 9

A/N- Soooo... Surprise I'm not dead 😅 It's been a while I know, I've been a little distracted lately and I have meant to get this chapter out sooner but you all know how addictive and distracting Wattpad is. You're reading my story after all.
I would like to give a big thank you to you all for making 4k happen. I was surprised many of you actually liked my story and made it to chapter 9. Anyway, I know myself, not to bore you all with a long author note so that is all. Enjoy this long-awaited chapter.

Rowan found herself sprawled out on Stefan's bed, her eyes wandering around the room as she waited for him to finish yet another futile attempt at reaching Elena. The creases on Stefan's forehead deepened with each unanswered call, revealing the mounting anxiety he felt.

The night before, Elena had stumbled upon a picture of Katherine in Stefan's room, and without giving him a chance to explain, she had fled. Now, Stefan was frantically pacing the room, trying to figure out what he was going today to her when she eventually picked up the phone.

Rowan shifted, propping herself up on her elbows as she watched Stefan's distress. Her mind wandered back to the moment he called her, his voice filled with desperation. She had rushed to the Salvatore boarding house to lend a supportive ear.

"It's Stefan. I know that picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. Please, when you get this, call me," Stefan's voice echoed through the room, tinged with vulnerability.

"Stefan." She received no answer from the distracted vampire staring at the phone. This only caused her to roll her eyes. Why had he called her over when he wasn't going to ask the questions he wanted to ask? "Stefan," she repeated saying his name louder this time which drew his attention from the device in his hand. "Put us both out of our misery and ask the questions you want to ask, will ya." Rowan sassed as his fidgety behaviour was starting to bug her.

"Have I lost her?"

Rowan's face softens at the question, letting out a sigh wondering if that had come out a bit harsh. She shakes her head, "you haven't. I know that for sure." She paused briefly seeing a bit of relief on his face. She pushed herself up from her position and swirled herself round, throwing her legs off the side and deciding to stand up. "But right now Elena's head is probably overflowing with thoughts and emotions. she's confused about what she saw, Stefan. Anyone would be if they saw a picture of someone who looks exactly like them in their boyfriend's bedroom."

Stefan nods his head slightly knowing that she was right. He sighs deciding to give a break on the numerous phone calls.

"Just to let you know though. She isn't in Mystic Falls." he turns to her sharply, he looked at her expectantly.

"I don't know where she is if that's what you're waiting for. But she's safe," Rowan tells him but paused a moment and bit her cheek nervously knowing who Elena was with was going to add a few more frown lines to his forehead.

Stefan narrowed his eyes seeing the change of expression on Rowan's face. "What aren't you telling me, Rowan." She gave him a weak smile not saying anything but motioning to the phone in his hand as if to tell him to give it another try.

Frustrated with the lack of answers, he does just that, lifting his phone and calling Elena once again. This time the phone answers and he sighs in relief but it was short-lived as it wasn't the voice he was expecting.

"Where is she? Why do you have her phone? Is she ok?" Stefan throws question after question at Damon who had answered.

"I already told you she was fine," Rowan grumbles to herself, but Stefan heard her as he stared at her blankly. She sends him a sheepish smile.