Chapter 7

Rowan shot up from her sleepy state, her breathing heavy. Memories were flooding her dreams at an alarming rate, and it was starting to take a physical toll on the girl, her body wasn't getting enough rest with her mind running on overdrive.

She had just witnessed the time 'she' and her mother had taken a trip to New Orleans for some business.

~flashback~

13-year-old Rowan stood beside her mother, fiddling with the necklace that her parents had gifted her. She wasn't paying much attention to the conversation that was happening between her mother and the tall blonde woman who stood in front of her.

"You don't understand Tami, the ancestors are getting testy with your presence. I don't have anything against you personally, But there's only so much I can do for you." The woman looks between the young Rowan and her mother sincerely.

"I know Rosalyn, and I thank you for what you have done," Tami sighs rubbing her head tiredly.

"The ancestors have hated my family for centuries, I don't expect that to change anytime soon." Tami rolls her eyes but smiles down at her daughter seeing that she was in her own little world.

Rosalyn stared off into the distance before closing her eyes as a wave of uneasiness came over her. "She doesn't deserve such hate, she's innocent," Rosalyn mutters to herself looking at the little girl sympathetically. The woman nods to herself, sighing as she kneels in front of the little girl. She brushes the hair out of her face. "Your special Rowan, remember that."

Rowan comes out of her daze smiling at the woman who had shown her nothing but kindness, she smiles widely nodding understandingly.

Something wasn't right, the young girl could feel it. She looked around in search of what her gut was telling her, but suddenly screams echoed through her ears. She spins around and sees Rosalyn and her mother crumble to the ground in pain. She watches in horror as she stood there tears dwelling in her eyes.

Anger grew within her, and she took off her necklace knowingly. She took ahold of Rosalyn and her mother's hand and siphoned some magic from them.

She glares at the four witches who stood in front of her with smirks planted on their lips. This only fuelled the fire within her.

One of the witches caught eye of what was happening, but it was too late.

"LEAVE THEM ALONE!" Rowan screamed furiously, forcefully pushing as much magic out of her as she could towards the four. The witches flung back hitting the wall hard enough that their necks broke.

The young girl's eyes grew at what she had just done. She lifted her hand to her face only to find blood trickling from her nose. Sudden exhaustion hits the girl, she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer, and with that, her body hit the ground.

~End of Flashback~

She sat there in shock, still shaking as the memory replayed in her mind.

The curse...

She was confused beyond belief. She had thought that her werewolf curse had yet to be broken. But... The memory said otherwise.

She quickly turned to her bedside unit and lifted the letter she was yet to finish.

Opening the letter once again, she skimmed through the words to find where she had the last read to.

'There is something you must know, something that I have kept hidden from you. I don't expect you to remember our trip to New Orleans when you were 13 as the memory was locked away... Much like your werewolf gene was.'