Chapter 5

༻༺━━━⁎∗

༻༺━━━⁎.*.⁎━━━༻༺
The Salvatore house came into view, Rowan was running as fast as her little legs could go. Her heart was thumping against her chest, and her breathing was becoming heavy with each step. Stefan was undoubtedly already there, considering he has vamp speed.

Not being able to take another step, Rowan stops her body hunching over as she tried to inhale as much air into her lungs as possible, but as her eyes moved up she quickly notices the terrified blonde running right at her.

Caroline ran into Rowan's arms, as she continues to sob fearfully about what she had just witnessed.

"H-he" Caroline stuttered as she tried to form a sentence. "I-I almost died."

Rowan felt helpless, so she did the only thing she could. Comfort her friend, and get her as far away from Damon Salvatore as she could.

****

Caroline lay beneath the covers of Rowan's bed in a peaceful slumber, considering she was no longer safe in her own house with Damon already being invited in.

Rowan on the other hand was wide awake, sat on her window seat looking out onto the midnight sky with the moon peering down on the girl who was unable to get a wink of sleep.

Her head was cluttered with thoughts, as reality started kicking in. She was in Mystic Falls. The town that's full of supernatural chaos. A world that used to be her comfort tv show, that somehow she had gotten herself sucked into.

A tap echoed through her ears as something was thrown at her window. She looked down to see the culprit. And there stood Stefan Salvatore.

Opening her window and making her presence known. "Stefan? What are doing here?"

"Can I come in?"

"Ugh yeah sure."

With those words He suddenly appeared beside her, looking down at her with his arms crossed.

He looked over seeing Caroline sleeping peacefully. "Is she ok?"

"She'll be fine."

"She'll go through worse" Rowan muttered to herself getting a confused look from Stefan in return.

Rowan folded her arms narrowing her eyes at the vampire. "Are you just here to 'checkup' on us or is there something you need, Stefan?"

"How did you know? What is it that you're hiding"

She sighs shaking her head at him. "Your persistent I'll give you that, but as I said before I can't tell you."