Chapter 6

༻༺━━━⁎∗

༻༺━━━⁎.*.⁎━━━༻༺

Weeks passed like days, and Rowan was beginning to adjust to the craziness that surrounded her. Was that a good or a bad thing? She wasn't sure yet.

She sauntered through the cramped halls full of students, her head was cloudy and refused to acknowledge her lack of sleep leaving her a little more irritable than usual. As of recently, the girl's sleep had been plagued with the same reoccurring dreams that she was trying to make sense of.

"Rowan, Hey" Elena appeared in front of the sleep-deprived girl that leaned against her locker tiredly.

"You look exhausted, Row."

"Thanks, Lena." Rowan rolls her eyes as she turned her back to the girl to open her locker to retrieve her books for class.

"Are you ok?" Elena looks her up and down noticing her lack of effort to look put together.

"Well as of right now I would love to flop on this floor and sleep, so what do you think."

Elena looked at Rowan, her gaze full of concern.

"I'll be fine Elena, a little tiredness won't kill me." Rowan sighs.

"Stefan told me, you know..."

"Told you what?" Rowan tries to play off that she is clueless, but couldn't help but be sceptical. "Bloody vampire can keep his mouth shut," she scoffs, muttering to herself.

"What was that?" Elena looks at her with her brow raised looking at her curiously.

"Nothing." She groans shaking her head. "So what did Stefan say..." Rowan asks folding her arms, Elena paused for a second and Rowan notices her looking in the direction of Stefan. She looks between the two questioningly.

"Umm... that you knew his secret." Rowan narrows her eyes slightly, having the feeling that wasn't the answer she was initially going to go with.

"Right... umm, I do. Yeah."

Luckily the bell for class, giving Rowan the perfect excuse to escape the awkward conversation that was going on between the two girls. "Sorry, Elena I have to get to class." Rowan heads down the corridor sending Stefan a glare as she passes but he just looks away feeling uncomfortable under her hard gaze which just made her roll her eyes and walk on.

---

Turns out, not living in Elena Gilbert's back pocket meant a relatively normal life. Rowan tended to stay out of her business with the Salvatores, not feeling like getting into the drama, or dying anytime soon...