Chapter 2

I actually like this story a lot so i decided to write it just now! it's not a very interesting chapter since Sarah is just getting to know everyone so fans please bear with me past the boring parts :)

since it's the long weekend i hope to have another chapter up very soon!

hope you like this part, tell me what you think! :D

Chapter Two

“Okay so now that everyone has put on their name tags, why don’t we all introduce ourselves?” Marvin said in an overly happy voice.

After a long talk with Marvin about the arrangements, we came to a decision then went to the cabin on the edge of the forest. Our decision was that he would pay me 5 dollars an hour so I would stay here and not leave or cause trouble. It wasn’t much of a deal since I didn’t need the money anyways but I didn’t know what else to do so I accepted it

“We all know each other,” the tallest guy said. It seems like he’s the leader of the group or something. Well it kind of makes sense; he was the best looking one of all of them.  He had light brown hair and really blue eyes. Other than him, there were 3 other guys and 2 girls.

Marvin let out a frustrated sigh. “Yes Nathan, that’s true but you don’t know Sarah.”

“Look, I didn’t come here to waste my summer just so I can make friends with some snobby prep,” the guy, whose name apparently is Nathan, argued.

Looking over to me, Marvin rolled his eyes. “Sarah, just introduce yourself.”

I looked around the group. “I’m Sarah.”

“Sarah will be your new supervisor while I’m away and even though she looks young, she’s a fierce tiger inside,” Marvin added with a lingering look at me. “Now we’ll start setting everything up.”

Marvin began giving everyone tasks to do and we all got to work.

I already knew who Nathan was but I learned that everyone called him Nate. He kept giving me weird looks all day which I pretended to ignore. Other than him, there were 5 other people.

Jackson seemed to be Nathan’s best friend. He was tall with light blonde hair. From what I’ve seen, he’s really sweet so I don’t know what he was doing here.

Next was Dylan and I could understand why he’s here. The whole day he was pushing tables and chairs just for fun and he actually cracked one. He had dark brown hair with green eyes that looked like they want to kill you.

James was the last boy and he looked exactly like Jackson but shorter. I think they’re brothers or something but they act way different. While Jackson is nice and sweet, James is exactly like Dylan. At one point in the day, he tried to throw plastic spoons at me but Jackson stopped him.

The 2 girls were Alison and Ariane. Alison was a short chubby girl who had extremely long black hair and big dark brown eyes. Ariane was almost the opposite of Alison. She was tall and thing with short cropped light brown hair. She wore a pair of frame-less glasses and she had hazel eyes.

We mainly worked in quiet throughout the day. Well, I worked in quiet, the others chatted all day. As I watched them fool around, I was more and more disgusted by them. I don’t even understand how someone can reject help that’s given to them basically on a silver platter when they need it. I think me and the others shared mutual feelings because the whole day was filled with whispers and glares.

Finally, Marvin came back from his “work”. “It’s getting late, so take a sandwich from this plate and go get a good night’s rest. Come back here tomorrow at 7 so we can do the finishing touches.”

I grabbed the first sandwich there was and walked outside towards my bunk. I didn’t even reach halfway to my small cabin yet when Alison and Ariane shoved past me.

Ariane laughed and jammed her foot to my left heel. “Move it loser.”

I suddenly lost my balance and fell to the hard gravel path with an oof. My head hit the ground pretty far and all I could hear were their laughs. When I sat back up, I saw them running up the hill though Alison did turn around and gave me what looked like an apologetic smile.

“Need a hand?” a voice said behind me.

“That would be nice,” I sighed, turning around.

I looked up to see Nathan standing in front of me with his hands stretched out. Shocked, I slowly reached out my dirty hand and put it in his. With a sudden tug, he pulled me to my feet then quickly let go of my hand.

I wiped my hands against my skirt. “Uh, thanks.”

He shrugged his shoulders and put his hands in his pockets. “Yeah, alright then.” He turned on his heels and began to walk up the hill.

After a few seconds, I realized he was walking away. “Hey!” I called out of impulse. I don’t know why I did it, and I regretted it the moment I did.

At the top of the hill, Nathan turned around slowly and raised an eyebrow at me.

“Uh…” I babbled, not knowing what to say. Why did I call him, I’m so stupid! “You’re…uh…you’re Nathan right?”

He gave me a confused nod and I felt my cheeks reddening.

“See you tomorrow,” I said nervously.

“Okay,” he said slowly like he was trying to figure out what I was doing. I didn’t know what I was doing either.

------------

SOOOO how was it? please vote and comment since that motivates me. i don't want to sound too selfish but could i get at least 5 votes please :). i would love you guys forever. more than i already do now <3

also if you haven't already, check out my other story: What Happens in L.A., Stays in L.A.

much love xoxoxo.