Chap. 15

Yongsun POV
Byul has been so busy at work, she almost went home very late and leave so early, so Eun barely sees her in the past months. She's busy with her big project, the project that the whole company had been working on.

Since Byul is at work, me and Eun is the only person here in the house. I've been cleaning around and she's playing in the living room, she is also colouring or making arts. So I don't mind, as long as she's fine, our situation is fine.

I felt hurt at the time that she asks me about her appa. I didn't expect that kind of things that will come out of her mouth.

Flashback
Eun and I were here inside the bathtub, she wanted to take a shower together so our body is soaking here in the bath. At first, she got so shocked at the time she saw my body. She asks about things like 'why is it there? why is your this big?' I get it since she's still so young, so I just tell her that once she grows up, her body will change as well.

She's seating over my lap while playing with her toy duck. I'm just caressing her hair that is wet right now.

"Eomma?" She asks me.

"Yes?" I said and put my chin on her shoulder but I lighten the weight.

"Did you fight with appa?" Her question made me so shocked.

"No? Why would you say that?" I said and she faces me.

"I haven't seen appa that much. The time she barely went home too," so looks down.

Those words made my heart so hurt, I didn't expect that we will have a conversation like this. I mean we will have but not in a situation like this.

I lift her chin so our eyes meet. "Appa and eomma didn't fight," I said and caress her cheek. "She's just busy with her work, you barely see her because she leaves so early and she went home so late. That makes both of you barely see each other," I smile at her hoping it will lighten her mood.

"But why does appa need to go to work anyway?" She asks and holds my hand.

"If appa didn't go to work, we will not be eating delicious foods every day. You will not be having those toys and book you have," as I said those, she pushes my hands away from her.

"But I don't even need those!" She started to cry. "All I need is appa!" She shouts at me a bit so I just hug her.

"I know, you have me beside you too," I then patted her back as she cries more.

"Does appa still love us eomma?" She asks and hugs my neck.

"Of course she does. Don't think that kind of things okay? And I don't like you thinking like that," I said to her and kiss her cheek. She just gives me a nod so I kiss her shoulder instead.
End of the flashback

I know how she felt when she said those. It's the same feeling when our real mom died. I can't blame Byul as well, because she needed to go to work.

"What's for dinner eomma?" Eun asks me and peeked in the kitchen.

"I don't exactly know, how about you? What do you want to eat?" I carry her and playfully smile at her.

"Anything," she said with a smile.

~•~

After we had dinner, both of us clean up and we're changing into our PJs. Eun didn't talk that much for almost a week now. She must be so hurt in her situation with her appa.

"Don't wear that baby, it's too big for you," I said because she grabs Byul's shirt.

"Please eomma," she pleaded to me.

"Fine," I said and put it in her. I know she just wants her appa's embrace by now. "But it looks big," I said and she runs towards the bed.

She even almost fell while running. Because the shirt is past her knees. I closed all of the lights leaving the night light on.

"You wanted me to read a story before you go to sleep?" I ask her as I sit on the bed.

"I'm good," she said and tucked on the blanket.

"Okay," I lay beside her and hug her.

I slowly caress her hair and sing her a lullaby. I know she didn't ask for it but I still did it because I know she will be able to sleep with it so fast.

Byul's POV
I tide my documents and my table. It's almost 9 PM already but my work should end at 7. All of the employees were gone home 30 minutes ago. So it's just me and Hyejin here for now.

"I should be going now unnie," she said as we did our goodbye.

I rush to the parking lot and hops on my car and drive home. I look at all the cake shop but it's all closed since it's night already. So I just hurried to go home because I didn't spot any.

I parked my car at the time I got home. I entered the house and all of the lights were closed. I went to the kitchen to drink water before proceeding to our bedroom.

"I'm here," I whisper and open the door.

As I walk in, I saw that both of them were sleeping peacefully while facing each other. I just walk to the walk-in closet to change into my PJs. I don't want to disturb their sleep so I change without making any noises. I'm already changed so I sit on the bed beside Yongsun.

I look at Eun and I just realized that she's wearing my clothes. I smile at it because even though it's big on her, she still wore it. I lean over and kiss her on the cheek and forehead.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper to her ear but then Yongsun opens her eyes. "Go back to sleep," I caress her hair and kiss her forehead.

"What are you sorry for?" She asks with a sleepy tone so I just lay beside her and spoon her in a hug.

"That I didn't take care of both of you," I said and kiss her shoulder but then she giggles at me. "Why are you giggling?" I got up and look at her with a confusing face.

"You're so emotional, it's just for a month and you're acting like our situation is like this for years," she said.

Eun suddenly moves so both of us didn't move because it might wake her up. Eun moves over to Yongsun and hugs her tight so Yongsun hugs her back and patted her back softly.

"But still. How about Eun?" I lay in the bed and hug her again while holding Eun's small hand.

"Same as before, she really wants your embrace right now," she said so I crawl over the other side and caress Eun's arms softly.

"She's still asking that if we fought or something?" I ask her and she nods.

"I can't accept that she's asking things like those, it leaves a scratch on my heart," Yongsun said and I hug them.

"5 more days and you will get appa princess," I whisper and kiss her head.

"Sleep now, you must be so tired," Yongsun cups my face and we smile at each other.

"Goodnight!" I said.

"Goodnight!" She said as I give her a peck before we go to sleep.

I'll be promising her once we have talked again. I know she's hurt because she's still young. I'm hurt too, that she's thinking about that kind of things.