Stomach Bug - Louis

CW: emetophobia warning 

Harry's POV:

My alarm's gentle ringing drew me from the dream I was honestly enjoying; something sweet and soft with Louis, per usual. I quietly reached up to my bed-side table to turn it off before it woke Louis. We had some time off since we had just returned from touring yesterday and I obviously wanted to still get in my usual morning jog while my Loubear definitely wanted to sleep.

The bed stirred beside me right when I clicked off the alarm. "Aww please don't wake up," I whispered a hopeful plea to the room.

"Mornin' love," came a hoarse sounding greeting from beside me.

"Good morning. I didn't mean to wake you. I'm sorry," I replied, turning to face him. I noticed immediately the dark purple bags he was sporting under his eyes. His complexion was quite pale, nearly the color of our ivory sheets, though his cheeks were a bright rosy contrast in comparison. "Boo, do you feel alright?" Louis simply shrugged in reply, keeping his eyes shut sleepily. I brushed lock of his feathery fringe off of his sweaty forehead, nearly gasping at the fever radiating from his head.

"Mmmh your hands feel nice; cold," Louis sighed contentedly. He finally pried his heavy eyes open revealing his typically bright, shining blue eyes to be dulled, almost grey. "It's bright," he complained sleepily before trying to open his eyes again.

"I'll draw the drapes babe, hold on," I offered before quickly moving to the window.

"Hazza, I'm really cold," Louis began. "Did the temperature get changed on the thermostat?"

"No, love. I think you have a fever. Your head was pretty warm," I explained gently, unsure if he had a headache or anything. "Let me go get you some medicine, yeah? Is anything else bothering you?" I pivoted on my heel to face him again after closing the curtains on the window.

Louis just sat there, looking disoriented and almost as if he was deep in thought. Suddenly he made a mad dash for the ensuite bathroom; I followed tentatively behind as concern filled my chest. He made no effort to close the door or even turn on the light as he fell to his knees in front of the toilet and quickly opened the lid in time to start gagging and heaving dryly.

"Oh shit," I swore under my breath. I crouched behind his small frame, gingerly rubbing small circles on my poor love's back. He continued to violently heave unproductively; it sounded quite painful, honestly. "Shh baby, try to breathe if you can. It's okay." I tried my best to offer whatever comfort I could.

I could tell he was both in pain and getting frustrated which honestly broke my heart. Gently, I slid my free hand onto his bloated, writhing stomach and applied a small amount of pressure. He whined a bit at the action but couldn't get out a complaint as he finally began to vomit.

The session lasted a good ten minutes before he could catch a real breath without immediately bringing up more. I felt absolutely terrible that my Boobear was so unwell. "Baby, I'm going to grab you some water, okay?" I offered. He weakly nodded as he let himself rest against the wall. I had to go all the way to the kitchen as we didn't have any cups or water bottles upstairs at the moment (surprisingly). Upon returning to the room, I was met with the restroom door not only shut but also locked.

"Lou, are you alright? Why did you lock me out?"

"Yeah I'm fine," he croaked. "Just wait for me out there, please? I'd like some privacy for now." He sounded a bit embarrassed but mostly worn out.

"Yes, of course baby. I'm sorry you don't feel well." I decided to use the time to grab some supplies for our room: an extra bin we never use, some medicine, a towel to put on the bed in case he happens to get sick while sleeping or anything like that, and a slice of toast in case it was a one-time thing and he's hungry. It took less than five minutes to gather everything, so I figured it was as good a time as any to contact management and let them know we wouldn't be in today - thankfully it was just an early writing day so I could work a bit from home anyway.