Secretly Swapping

Request from the lovely Kayboy232
I envisioned like ehhhhh 2013 Larry...? Yeah 2013 I think. Too depressed to edit lol. Enjoy :)

Harry hasn't laid still for more than two minutes the whole night. It's been like three hours. Now, I do honestly feel bad for the boy seeing as he obviously isn't able to sleep well right now, but the constant shuffling and rustling is keeping me awake as well. I feel like sort of an asshole, but I'm seriously so annoyed that I can't sleep right now.

"Harry, mate, can you try to lay more still? It might help you fall asleep," I whispered as kindly as I could in my purely exhausted state. All he had to say was a low moan, almost sounding pained. "Sorry bud, just can't sleep very well myself." It feels like I'm talking to a wall or an inanimate pile of groaning blankets. I just turn over and try to go to sleep again.

"Mm... Li?" comes a quiet croak from across the room.

I roll over, "yeah, H? What's wrong?"

He sits up slightly, but doesn't say anything. In the nearly non-existent sliver of light poking through the edge of the curtain I can see him shaking. Then, he sniffles. Oh, he's crying. "I don't feel very w-well," he admits into the darkness.

"Oh, Harry. What's going on?" I get up from my bed, walking to his. He doesn't respond. Instead, there's sad little sobs and sniffles coming my way. "Can I get you any medicine? Maybe some water, too?" I can't help feeling a bit parental when it comes to the boys; we all look out for each other, really, but Harry's the youngest. He's also being forced to room separately from Louis. I've always found it rather heartbreaking how much they genuinely enjoy sleeping together on the tiny bus bunk, just because management can't stop them.

"Water and pain killers? Do you think I have a fever?" he asks through tears and snot. His face is warm against my hand as I check him out.

"Yeah, it feels like it. Let me go get the stuff," I turn on my heel to grab him some paracetamol and water. "Hang tight, Harry."

When I come back, Harry has fully sat up in bed, waiting for me. "Here you go, mate. Go slow with the water so you don't choke." I hand him the meds and a cup of water. When I go to lay a comforting hand on his back, however, he shrugs it off. It's my mistake in thinking that he just shivered because when I went to put my hand back on, he made a point to scoot out of my reach. "What's wrong, Harry? Are you alright? Does something hurt?" I'm so confused.

"No, just don't touch, please," he replies around desperate gulps of water. "Want Lou..." I can almost see the pout in his tone.

"He's asleep right now. Will I be good enough for you tonight?" I chuckle. Harry can be quite stubborn in his right state of mind—add a temperature and it increases ten-fold.

Harry extends his arm toward me, passing off the half-empty glass. "Not really... I really don't feel well and I just want Lou." The end drops off a bit and he sniffles again. He starts to sob, too.

"Oh, I'm sorry, bud. I didn't mean to upset you. Can you tell me how I can help, and tomorrow, you can spend the whole day with Louis." I tried to think of a compromise so I wouldn't have to wake Tommo right now. It's like three in the morning.

"Everything is wrong, and the only person who can help is Louis," Harry cries pitifully. "My belly's killing me, and 'm hot... and my head's pounding."

At least I finally know what's wrong so I can try to actually help him. I decide to bring the little plastic rubbish bin over from the corner. He didn't really say if he felt sick—just that his stomach hurts—but better safe than sorry. "Let's just set this here in case it gets worse. I'm really sorry you feel so ill, H. Do you want anything? I'll even give you a cuddle if you'd like," I let a sympathetic smile slip onto my worry-creased face.