Emetophobia - Harry

CW: emetophobia warning, description of a panic attack

I envisioned like early 2014 Larry. (Harry's hair isn't really long yet)

Louis' POV

The morning was honestly beautiful. It was early May, the sun peeking through the slightly parted curtains, and the sweet smell of spring wafting so gently through the cracked window across the room. The breeze is perfectly cool; not hot or humid, just cool enough and with a crisp dryness to it.

Per usual, Harry was already out of bed, his side neatly made and smoothed over. I flung the blankets open and sat myself up. ABBA was gently drifting through the halls of our big house. Oh, Chiquitita is next! I love that one. As the intro to the Swedish pop song played, I shuffled my way down the stairs as quietly as I could, hoping to surprise Hazza.

"Chiquitita tell me what's wrong" Harry began while tending to the pan on the stove.

"You're enchained by your own sorrow," I continued from the doorway. Harry popped his head up at the sound of my voice.

"Good morning, Lou," he greeted me through a wide smile.

"Good morning curly," I joked while pulling him backward into me by his waist.

He chuckled lightly and tried to squirm free of my grasp. "Heyyy. I'm trying not to burn our breakfast, here." He jokingly tapped the spatula on my hands before finally breaking out of the hug.

"Alright, alright," I sighed mellow dramatically. Turning to the side, I leaned against the counter beside the stove-top. "How did you sleep, love?"

"Erm... It was alright. I kept waking up uncomfortable for some reason," he frowned slightly. "But when I was actually asleep it was good." He added the last part quickly, probably to reassure me that he was alright.

"Well, it sounds like a good day for an afternoon nap then, hmm?" I nudged his tattooed arm.

"Yeah..." he mumbled. "What about you? How did you sleep? You're up earlier than I anticipated."

"Well I slept better than you, that's for sure," I tried to make light of the situation. "You could have woken me up you know. We could have suffered through a sleepless night together. In sickness and in health, right?" The corners of his mouth tugged up toward his eyes which creased lightly. Though, the smile faltered a bit before his face contorted in concentration again, his attention fully on the food.

***

After an unusually quiet breakfast, Harry and I decided on popping over to Liam's for lunch. We hadn't seen the other boys in a while and Liam was free all this week so it seemed like a nice surprise. Of course we weren't going to just show up uninvited with nothing and barge our way into his house, so Harry and I began making some food we could bring over. He insisted that I make my famous homemade mash while he throws together a salad and lasagna.

He seems a bit underwater today; zoning out, not really listening or speaking, he even cut his finger while preparing the vegetables. "Hey, are you alright? I know you're tired so don't try that, something else is off," I'm more blunt than I meant to be but it got the point across. He sighs and turns to face me. Honestly, we've been busy since breakfast and this is the first time I've gotten a good look at my dear husband in a few hours. He looked a bit peaky, kind of sweaty, and generally anxious.

"I- I just..." he couldn't seem to find the words he was trying to say. Or maybe he didn't want to say whatever it was on his mind. "It's just- ugh! I don't know..." I strode over to the side of the kitchen where he was standing, leant against the edge of the counter.