Real or Fake?

CW: description of a panic attack

AU: Larry are YouTube-ers and do a lot of pranks on each other; they met as teenagers at school bc Louis has anxiety and harry has ADHD so they both spent a lot of time in the guidance councilor's offices.

(imagine whichever era you'd like <3 but they are now adults and live together)

Louis' POV
I'd been trying to think of prank ideas all afternoon and yet, all of them suck. A lot. It felt like we'd used every good idea already so our channel is fucked. Harry and I are using what we make to help pay for university. We each edit and post two videos a week and they usually involve a prank in them somewhere.

I decided to walk around our flat for some inspiration. Harry was out shopping for groceries anyway so he isn't going to be asking me any questions.

What on Earth am I going to do? And pull-off without suspicion?? I was just stepping into the living "room" when I caught sight of my therapy journal. And then a brilliant idea popped into my mind. Fake a panic attack! Even if he thinks it's fake — which he shouldn't — our fans have been asking what its like when I have one, anyway. Ah, brilliant!

Feeling much too excited about this idea, I decided to set up our cameras now so I can do it not long after Harry gets home. I placed the biggest one in our closet (we never close the door), the smaller one in our bookshelf, and the go pro on the desk where it always sits (just gonna turn it on and face it so we'll be seen). Then I had to devise exactly how to do the prank itself.

I realized I needed to film an intro, so I thought it would be best to leave the cameras where they were and just use my phone. I opened the camera app and got my ring light all set up. "What's up, mates? We're back with another prank video! Haz and I have been on quite the streak lately and I know I'm running out of ideas... but I did manage to think up a wonderful one for you all today. I'm going to... Fake. A. Panic attack. I know you've been asking what its like when I have them, and what Harry does so I figured a little simulation could do the best job," I rambled on for a couple more minutes, explaining what he was going to do, where the cameras were, etc etc.

About thirty minutes later, I was ready and my Hazza had texted me that he was on his way. I quickly turned on all of the cameras and started them rolling so that I could execute my plan. Ah yes the plan; start recording so that once Harry has put away the food (with my help) I can start it then. As for the trigger — mine can spring up without much warning and I've been stressed lately anyway, so that works in my favor.

***
Harry's POV

I'm so excited to go home and see my Lou. I know I was only gone for a little over an hour, but I missed the sap. Per usual, I had to circle the whole store about four times to get everything on our list (and much more than we need) because my train of thought does not flow with the style of organization there. Stupid neurotypicals putting frozen pizzas and ice-cream together like those are NEXT to each other on anyone's shopping list. Good lord, Louis needs to come with me next time.

Oh yes, Louis! He's been doing okay lately — anxiety wise and all that. His stress has been a bit up, but it hasn't really been affecting him much. I'm almost home and I can barely wait. I'm making Lou's favorite for dinner tonight AND we're going to be watching Luca. Our subscribers and friends had actually been telling us that the characters reminded them of Lou and I, so we thought we might as well watch it. I sent him a quick message to let him know I was on the way home so I wouldn't startle him when I got back.

I'm finally pulling up to our block of flats and I can see Lou sitting on our balcony waiting for me. We wave at each other before I start inside to come up to him. I stop by the mail room on the way to see if we had anything waiting for us. Our upstairs neighbor also stopped to talk to me for a moment. I got caught up with her and then found myself helping her take some box to her car. I had to go find where I put all of my stuff after that, since I couldn't remember where I'd set them down. Finally, I am actually on my way upstairs -- well in the elevator but you know what I mean.