Stupid Decisions

requested by Beckyxx06
sorry for the wait!! life has been very.... life-ish
AU: the boys are in university

Harry was nearly vibrating with excitement, his new mates from uni were coming home with him for the weekend. He'd told his mum all about them for weeks, happy to have made friends despite his young age. Harry was able to start uni a year early which was exciting but also made him a year younger than all of the other first years. His long-term boyfriend, Louis went to the same school and they lived together, so that helped Harry feel more comfortable. Louis and Harry went about making friends and inviting people to their room in hopes of finding people in their classes.

They met Zayn, first; he drunkenly stumbled into their open door before nearly vomiting on their rug. It made for a funny re-introduction the next day. Then came along Nialler, the loud Irish lad across the hall. He ended up starting school a couple weeks late after an incident with his passport identification. The boys helped him move in and get caught up with his courses. Finally came Liam. The giggly brown-eyed one actually ran into Harry and Louis while getting tattoos. They were all waiting for their appointments at the same time and the two decided to make small talk with the one who seemed to be their age.

Now, all five teens were packed into one car, blasting their way down the road to Holmes Chapel for a late-fall mini-break. Anne and Gemma had promised not to embarrass Harry too much, but he knew they probably would anyway. That didn't matter too much, though; the snow was beautiful, everyone was getting along, and Harry was going to get to be home for a couple days.

***
Once all the introductions were done, the boys got settled and decided to go have a snow fight. Here's probably where Harry went wrong. Even though he's made friends with this bunch, the age insecurity and possibility of being babied was nagging in poor Harry's mind.

He was the only one of the group who ventured outside without a coat (but he did at least wear a scarf, hat, and gloves). The four other young men had a great time, chucking snowballs at one another. After about forty-five minutes, Harry and Louis grabbed the sleds from Harry's garage. Anne and Gemma decided to join the five for an hour of sledding before a quiet afternoon.

"OI! MATE WHY DID YA SHOVE SNOW DOWN MY SHIRT?" Louis nearly attacked Zayn after receiving a chilly surprise. Niall's infectious laugh echoed through the snow-laden park as he gleefully joined in the new version of the snow fight.

"AW HEY NIALLER THAT WAS COLD!" Harry shriek, dancing around to get the snow out of his sweatshirt. "Jesus..." Harry mumbled some colorful words, shaking his head disapprovingly.

Niall and Liam were now rolling on the cold white ground, laughing without breath and trying to shove snow down each other's pants. Louis was wresting Zayn at the bottom of the hill. Gemma and Anne were watching from a safe distance, praying they wouldn't be caught in the crossfire. Harry was giggling a bit as he tried to shake more of the snow out of his jacket.

Five minutes later, everyone had had enough and agreed to walk back home. The boys split up to have quick showers and warm up while Anne and Gemma made hot chocolate.

***
The group enjoyed the afternoon and early evening together, eating soup and fresh bread for dinner. Liam was the one to propose a movie night with everyone, though it had sort of been assumed to begin with. Harry seemed to be the only person who wasn't totally for watching a movie, but then again he didn't really say anything. The only reason why he didn't want to watch a movie was because he was tired, and no one is going to care that much if he sleeps during the movie.

Harry took no notice of his automatic sniffling throughout the duration of Elf, though Louis certainly had. He pulled Harry tighter into his side before leaning over to whisper in his ear, "are you alright, love? You're pretty sniffly tonight."