11 Years of 1D

Hi! Just a little appreciation blerb about the band.

I only got into One Direction and the fandom during the pandemic (Nov of 2020 to be more specific), so I know my experience is different than a lot of other fans. However I would really just like to say how much I appreciate and adore the boys and all that they've done. I didn't mind much for them when I was younger and ohhhhh man was I missing out. All five of the members are honestly such amazing singers, writers, artists, and humans.

Though I've only been listening to their music for a few months, it has helped me through some hard days. I cannot express enough how grateful I am that they put theirselves out into the world.

I may not know exactly what they went through, and I may never know what it was like for them, but my heart aches deeply for everything that their management and media did to them. I have never and will never be mad at or blame Zayn for leaving as I have done something similar for similar reasons. I think mental health always comes first, even if it hurts. I'm glad Liam is still here and it gives me hope to keep moving when it feels all for naught. I am a whole-hearted Larrie (it was my gateway into the fandom) and it kills me to imagine having to hide my sexuality and life partner like they do. I hope they are much happier, healthier, safer, and enjoying life in general now.

Its so cool to be able to look back at old videos and listen to their old music and hear how much they've grown. I hope to meet all of them some day [I actually live really close to Zayn haha] or at least see them live in concert. I hope LT2, HS3, NH3, LP2, and ZM4 come soon! I can't wait to see Don't Worry Darling and My Police Man. I'm honestly just sad that I couldn't get tickets to anyone's tour but it'll be okay haha.

As for anyone reading this: thank you so much! I know I haven't updated in a while but I've been on vacation lol. I deeply appreciate all comments, votes, reads, etc, etc. I'm just having fun and passing the time honestly. Feel free to send requests as I've hit a bit of a block [part of the reason why I haven't updated] and I enjoy hearing from you all.

Stay healthy, stay safe, and know that you're loved. Eat something, drink some water, get some sleep and just keep doing your best.

-Millie
July 23, 2021