Marinette's Dilema

Marinette's leg bounced up and down swiftly as her nerves got the best of her. The closer the bus got to their school, the worst her nerves got. At this moment, all she wished for was for the bus to slow down and take twice as long to arrive as it would have. The trip to New York was very emotional for her. The point of the trip was for her to get clarity, as Luka had suggested, but instead, she found herself more confused than before.

Marinette had gone through so much in the past few days. Before the trip, Marinette felt convinced she would only be just a friend to Adrien. She kept saying how she was better that way, but now, she is not so sure. First, she got a seat by Adrien on the plain, and being the clumsy, stuttering mess she is, Marinette managed to somehow make Adrien fall and land on top of her. She thought she wasn't going to last long, but luckily Alya got her away from that by switching seats. Then internally panic when they looked at the sky. Adrien hugged her and thanked her for convincing his father to let him attend.

Later she got stuck in front of the irritating hotel doors with Adrien, and once again, she managed to trip, sending her towards him. Talk about bad luck. Later that night, something incredible happened. She shared one of hot dogs dan's magic hot dogs with Adrien, causing them to float up to the sky where Adrien asked her to slow dance. Marinette could recall how her stomach did flips as he held her close to him. God, he was really making it hard for her to just want to be his friend.

All night Marinette kept wondering if Adrien felt anything for her. The way he held her and looked at her made her swear she was special, but she was probably hallucinating, right? Either way, what confused Marinette the most was when an Akuma attacked New York, and Chat Noir happened to be there. He had promised to stay in Paris and take care of it but broke his promise. As Ladybug, she got upset and said something that caused Chat Noir to want to quit. Marinette felt broken.

She never realized how much Chat Noir meant to her until the second she almost lost him forever, and it confused her. Adrien was forced to leave early to make matters worse, and from Alya's point of view, he wanted her to tell him to stay. Truth to be told, she wanted him to. That was the moment she realized she could never be okay being just a friend. Oh, her life sucks. What was she going to do? She needed to find clarity, but she was a mess. For a second, she thought she had found it, but after a while, she realized she was back to square one. Marinette realized she still loved Adrien, who might or might not like her the same way. All he ever said was that she was just a friend. Great just great!

As she thought about Adrien, a million thoughts ran through her head. What if he hates her for making that goodbye sign? What if he hated dancing with her? What if he regrets going to New York and spending time with her? What if he heard her yell I love you and decides not to be friends anymore?

"Marinette!" her thoughts were interrupted by her best friend yelling her name and grabbing her shoulders to shake her. "Girl, what is wrong with you? I have been calling you for like five minutes, and why are you shaking so much?" Alya asked, worried about her best friend. Well, technically, knowing Marinette as well as she did, she already knew Marinette was internally panicking over her lost bet, but she wouldn't say it out loud.

"Sorry, Als, I guess I am just nervous about seeing Adrien again," Marinette replied with a blush. She was not sure what to do. "Girl, you'll be fine, I am sure of it. Now remember you agreed to confess tomorrow, just be confident, and it will be fine." Alya responded with a big smile. Marinette groaned. It was true she had agreed to it. Well, more like she lost a bet.

-Flashback-

Alya- Girl, I swear after what happened with you and Adrien during this trip, you will be the first person he asks about when he talks to Nino watch.

Marinette- No, I won't, Alya. He probably will forget all about me and try to avoid me. He thinks I am just a friend. He kept reminding me throughout the trip.

Alya- Girl, you are crazy. I saw the way he looked at you. Adrien likes you. I know it.

Marinette- Stop, Alya, he doesn't. I bet he won't even ask about me.

Alya- I'll take that bet in fact, I am certain he will mention you within the first minute. But if I win, you will have to confess on Monday morning. Deal?

Marinette- Alya! No.

Alya- Scared?

Marinette- Fine. Deal. But if I win, you will have to stop posting on the Lady blog for a week.

Alya- Never!

Marinette- Scared?

Alya- Deal!

-Flashback Ends-

Marinette wished she hadn't taken that stupid bet.

-Flashback-

Nino, Alya, and Marinette hung out in one of the bedrooms as they hid from their teacher when Adrien calls. "It's time," Alya states excitedly, "Answer it, Nino, but don't tell him we are here."

*Nino answers the phone and places it on speaker*

Nino- Hey bro. Did you make it home already?

Adrien- Hey Nino, yeah, I made it home an hour ago, but Natalie kept talking about my schedule. So what are you doing?

Nino- Nothing, dude, just chilling

Adrien- Cool. Umm soo, h-how's Marinette?

*Alya then begins jumping up and down, silently screaming. After the call is over, she begins to yell, "Yes, I told you! You lose! Time to confess, girl!"

-Flashback Ends-

In a way, Marinette was excited. Does that mean he likes her? But what if he doesn't, and they are confusing things? Marinette's eyes widened as fear struck even worse than before. "Alya, I can't! What if he rejects me? What if I say the wrong thing and he hates me? He is going to think I am a stalker and never be my friend again. He would laugh at me, and then I will be all alone and never get married or have three kids and a house, and I'll be a-"

"Marinette!" Alya interrupted her rambling, "Listen to me. You got this girl. You saw that he was practically hoping you'd beg him to stay. I am sure he likes you. Plus, even if he didn't feel the same way, you know Adrien is not like that and would never stop being your friend."

Marinette sighed and hugged her best friend. "Thanks, Alya. You are right. I'll be fine. Plus, I have kept this a secret for far too long now." Alya smiled and let go of her friend. "Great! Now, come on, girl. We have been in front of the school for like 5 minutes now, but you were daydreaming." Alya laughed, earning a giggle of embarrassment from Marinette.

Outside, the bus Nino waited for the girls. "So Adrien and I will be meeting up for Ice cream in a bit you dudettes want to join?" Nino asked, knowing his best bud was hoping to see Marinette. I mean, he didn't say those exact words but come on, it was obvious, considering he asked about her like five times in one call. *Wow, my best bud is so dense*Nino thought.

"Umm, actually, I think I'll head home. I have to think about how to confess tomorrow, and I am not sure I can handle seeing Adrien later today." Marinette giggled nervously. "Okay, girl, but get some sleep and don't freak out, okay?" Marine nodded. "Bye, guys."

"So, do you think she will go through with it?" Nino asked his girlfriend. "I hope so. She has been holding this inside for wait too long I just want her to stop hurting herself with all this silence. I hope Adrien feels the same." Alya answered worldly. "Me too, babe," Nino replied.