Letters - Part 2

*Another long and emotional chapter guys. Thanks for reading. Follow me, like, and comment. *

"Alya... I can't do this, help me," was all she said before her world turned black.

Marinette woke up to faint and worried noises. "Marinette?" At the sound of her name, Marinette opened her eyes. "Oh my god, Marinette, you're okay! You had us so worried, girl," Alya cried out. Marinette sat up and looked around her room, confused. "What happened?" Marinette asked, genuinely wondering why her friends looked like they had been crying.

"You were reading the letters Adrien had sent you, and after about the fourth one, you had a panic attack and passed out. We called your parents, they assured us you would be fine, but we were so scared," Chloe responded, hugging her.

At the reminder of the letters, Marinette felt her heartbreak. Instantly she began to sob. "Adrien," she sobbed. "I hurt him so bad. I am a monster. I should have listened. I should have allowed him to explain. I don't know what to do." Marinette cried loudly. Both Alya and Chloe ached for their friend. It hurt them to see both of their best friends suffer this much due to a misunderstanding.

"Marinette is going to be okay, I promise. He loves you, and you love him. I am sure it will all work out. Things happen for a reason. Just talk to him, and you will see that no matter the choices you both made in the past, it does not change the fact that you are soulmates. You will always love each other."

Marinette was so appreciative of her friends. They always knew just what to say. "But I hurt him, Alya. He probably hates me now. I can't read the rest of the letters. I just can't. It hurts too much." Marinette responded, still feeling overwhelmed. She knew that the rest of the letters would be more heartbreaking. Each paper held more truth than the other, and it was harder to bear. Each letter made her feel guiltier and angrier at herself. She hated the person she had become.

She was not sure if her heart could handle more truths. There was no way of knowing what the rest of the letters said, but there was one thing she was sure about, and that was that it would be painful. She had no idea how truly right she was.

"Marinette, you have to be strong. You need to know what he wrote in there in order to be able to fix things. If you stop now, you will never be able to understand. You will never be able to forgive Adrien. You still love him, Right? You want to fix what you wronged?" Chloe asked. Marinette nodded in response. She really did want to fix things, but is she ready?

Alya stared at Chloe in shock. She knew Chloe had changed for the better, but she had no idea she could be such a good friend. Maybe, Chloe always had been under the cold and stuck-up exterior of hers. Adrien did say she had always been a good friend to him. Now, Alya realized just how right he was and just how much of a good friend she could be.

Chloe handed Marinette the next letter, giving her a supportive look. "It will be okay, girl, remember we are here for you," Alya called out, giving Marinette the last bit of reassurance she needed. Grabbing the letter, she took another deep breath, opened it, and began to read.

Dear Marinette,

Another day has gone by without hearing from you. It seems like you have decided to part with me. Yes, I know you have the right to do this after the humiliation and pain that you have had experience because of my actions, but please let me have at least one afternoon with you. Give me one chance. Let me in your heart again, and I will show you how desperately I love you. Please forgive me. If you can't forgive me, at least give me one last dance with you. Then you can feel the pain and agony of my heart.

Over these past few days, I have cried while I still had tears, then I sobbed until my head began to ache. And then I screamed until my voice was gone. I am heartbroken because you turned away from me, and we stopped talking. And the sad thing is that it's my fault I caused it all. Now that you are gone, I clutch to your picture like a child, crying while paralyzed with fear, self-disgust, and humiliation. Even as the days go by, my conscience berates me with no sign of letting up, and I deserved it. I am not mad at you for your actions this past couple of weeks. I know that you were only trying to deal with the pain, but it has also caused me pain, and I wish you would give me another chance.