Chapter Seventeen

This is what happened when Diamond died.

Diamond's POV

I woke up. I blinked and looked around. I was at the edge of something. I just wasn't sure.

"You did good."

I jumped at the sudden voice. A man stood over me. I soon realized with shock that it was Notch.

"But if you're here, then I'm...?"

He sighed sadly.

"Yes, I'm afraid so. You fought bravely."

I pondered about this. I was dead and I left my friends and Flaming. Wait.

"What about my sister?! Is she okay?"

He chuckled and said,

"She is fine, but she is facing a challenge, one that could kill her or save your father."

He then started waling toward the distance, motioning for me to follow him. I ran to catch up. "I'm great friends with your father, by the way." My eyes widened. "Really? He never mentioned it." I said.
We talked on the way to wherever Notch was going. As I faced him, he smiled at me and said, "Look straight ahead. You're going to be amazed." I looked ahead and my jaw dropped. A big diamond castle came into view, the biggest I've ever seen. He chuckled as my eyes sparkled with wonder. At the gate, two guards narrowed their eyes at me when they saw my Ender particles. I followed him into a big library. When I saw the number of books, my smile grew big. I never told anyone, but I loved to read. I read so much that I memorized all languages, being able to read the language in the enchanting table book. I looked at him with a smile. He knew what I wanted and said, "Just for a little bit." I pumped my fist into the air with a "Yes!" Wanting to see what book titles there were, I sprinted to a random section.

After thirteen minutes, Notch came to me and said, "I must show you something." I stood up from the desk I was reading on and put the book back into its place. He walked to a different room. This time, it was the enchanting room. He motioned me to sit down. "I also have prophetic books in here, books that tell the future. And you, Diamond Ender, have a decision to make." He flipped open the enchanting table's book to a page. On that page was a prophecy. I couldn't see what it was, not that I wanted to know. "In here, it foretells you to make a decision, one that won't affect the world, and one that will in a good way. You can either choose to stay here, since you're an Ender heroine, you get to live in this castle forever and wait for your friends and sister to die and come here." That sounded good to me, but I wanted to hear the other decision. "Or you can choose to go back to your friends, living again. You will do wonderful things to the world and influence it. When you die, you will come here. It's your choice." I thought long and hard about it. I can choose to be eternally happy here and wait for my friends, or go down here and influence the world. As I thought about it, I realized I grew feelings for the sorcerer, something I did not expect. Soon, I made my choice. "I will go back to my friends." He nodded approvingly. "Very well. I was hoping you'd say that. Come with me."

We walked yet AGAIN to a room. This room was different, though. It was dark purple with Ender particles floating around. "Only I and an Ender can come into here. Anyone else that enters will be infected with a short illness that your familiar with." Notch explained. That illness was the Endric Fever. It attacks your sight and makes your bones feel like jelly. Us Enders only used it when we feel threatened. He then placed his hands on me and closed eyes, chanting in Ender, "Let this soul be placed in her body and be brought back to life." I suddenly felt dizzy and the world started spinning. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was, "Good luck."