"Scars remind us where we've been, they don't have to indicate where we're going"

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・

Fay had never been more excited to start a new job, in her entire life. It was in a serene and peaceful city called Quantico located in Virginia. This was her chance of a fresh start, someone where she could develop herself and truly blossom into her full potential, in her field. She had been in the FBI for years but wanted to work alongside her brother, whom she missed dearly. She hadn't seen him since he was eight, although she'd seen pictures of him and knew he worked in Virginia, from vigorously stalking him online.

The problem was, Fay had no form of contact with her brother since briefly once in college, several years ago. She was now 28. The one phone call with him in college was cut short due to a conflict that prevented her from continuing to speak with him. So Fay never got the chance to have a real conversation with him, during that time.

She was pretty smart and accomplished, for a young women of her age, much similar to her brother in that regard. Fay went to Harvard and graduated a straight A student and valedictorian, with an IQ of 197.

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・

Fay dressed up in her black and grey pant suit. Then put on her black slip-on flats to finish the outfit off, which brought out her confidence. She had wanted to make a good impression with her new colleagues and her new complimentary outfit was guaranteed to make her feel and look as she wanted to appear, professional and reliable. Fay didn't initially know what else she could do to amplify her outfit, but eventually end up bringing a small purse with leathery pattern and her phone that could perfectly fit inside.

As she walked out of the car, She took in the view of the outside building she would be working in for many years in the future. The FBI headquarters was tall with multiple windows all around the exterior and had this grand appearance about it.

She walked through the large doors of the FBI building and waited for the elevator to open. As the elevator opened, she pushed the button, conveniently named BAU short for Behavior Analysis Unit (7th floor), so she could arrive on the floor where she would be working.

Fay had finally arrived  at the BAU, and stepped outside the elevator. Suddenly, she was greeted by a broad-shouldered man with dark black hair. She had remembered during an earlier interview with him, when they talked about why she was qualified for the position , his facial expressions were very serious, and stern almost intimidating but attractive.

Quite attractive, in fact so attractive her mind went to places she knew she shouldn't think of. She snapped out of it, quickly, remembering he's her boss.

"Hello." Fay reached out her hand to greet him.

Her direct eye contact indicated her seriousness and professionalism, but she quickly glanced down and bit her lip, distracting herself. She snaps out of it and looks him in the eye. She's also overwhelming nervous.

She makes a vow she won't get involved or look at her boss endearingly, seeing the golden ring on his left finger. She no longer finds him attractive, she won't allow herself to.

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・

"Hello Agent Evens, I'm Aaron Hotchner and I'd love for you to meet the rest of the team, you can call me Hotch." He gestured for me to go towards the small conference area with a round table and chairs surrounding it.

"These are agents Derek Morgan, Jennifer Jareau but you can call her JJ."
He pauses for a brief minute,  "Emily Prentiss and David Rossi, there's another agent running a bit late, but his name is Spencer Reid"  Hotch explained.

Fay's eyebrow quivered with curiosity. She had been wanting to see her younger brother for years, and now she was going to be able to see him. It all felt surreal.

"And team this is our newest member Fay Evens!" 

Just as Hotch said that, an interesting girl appeared from another room, her outfit was filled with color and there was a vibrant presence about her that made me smile.

"Hey I'm Penelope Garcia, the technical analyst nice to meet you"

Garcia smilied pulling Fay into an instant hug.

Fay kind of pulled away startled but secretly loved the hug with Garcia and felt weirdly comfortable and at peace.

"And if your wondering I'm basically your gal behind the scenes, like taking down serial killers from the safety of my computer," She pauses, "space... office.." She winked at me and smiled.

I grinned at her weird phrasing.

"Hello everyone!"

Fay found herself a seat decisively, praying that Spencer would react excitedly to seeing her on the team, and sit next to her.

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・

Spencer arrived with coffee in his hand and a few books in the other. At first he hadn't really noticed Fay but when he looked up,
he had been so flabbergasted he ended up dropping his piping hot coffee.

As she rushed over grabbing napkins to help him, he snatched them not making eye contact with her at all, but staring daggers in the back of her eyes, as he quickly walked cleaned up the mess on the floor.

"Hello, I'm Fay Evens..." She hesitates for a moment, "and you?"

"You mean Sam.." Reid muttered quietly under his breath. He elevates his voice. "I"m Spencer Reid."

"Well I'm glad to meet you..." Fay put her hand down walking towards the chairs to sit.

Later on, Spencer sat down as far away from Fay as he could. Every few minutes, he'd narrow his eyes towards her then look away quickly.

Everyone started to stare first at Fay then at Spencer. No one uttered a word. Only awkward silence ensued for a few minutes.

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・

Hotch broke the silence fortunately by introducing the case.

"Well let's get started with this new case, we have two females with petite builds and brunette hair stabbed below the stomatch and left exposed. Directly below their fingertips, there's a message laid out on the pavement of the road they were found on, saying "Let's play a game, flower."

The thought bugged her but why.. did that phrase seem familiar to Fay.....