6

‵‥ reid in sunglasses is chef's kiss ˊ ˒ 、

—-

When I arrive home, I feel this rush of adrenaline course through my veins. I didn't let Mark control me. Gosh it felt so good to just make my own decisions despite the consequences. I felt free and weirdly calm like nothing could ever get to me. But I still needed to be smart about this. I needed to change things up a bit, or as they would say renovate.

The first thing I needed was a better security system, to make sure I'd be warned if anyone came in or to keep others out for my own protection. So I called my guys. These guys were very tech savvy and owed me for life, which is another story for another time.

I had called them on my phone and they instructed me on the steps to set up the new system.

Now that I was done with that I still needed more, a dog one for further protection and confirmation that an unfamiliar face could be in my house, and because I was basically lonely. A dog would warn me by simply barking or if the house is too silent I'd known Mark was here, Mark hates dogs. I smirk to myself.

Even though it was about Friday evening, I drove to the pet store, ready to buy supplies. I got a pet bowl, dog food, a collar for when I take him out on walks, and lastly a little cute doggie bed with a yellow and white pattern.

After getting the supplies, I wanted to adopt one finally. So I went to the dog shelter and looked around.

I saw three dogs, one was wagging it's tails, the other just sitting there staring at me, and the last one licking its butt. By now you could guess what I chose. Dog #2, the one that was staring at me.

I found that dog intriguing, different from the rest just like me but more  trained and composed. I needed a dog like that and she was a female so I named her Paris.

After one of my closest and dearest friends, Paris and I had lost contact unfortunately a few weeks ago, but she knows everything about me, and has never left my side since. She even has helped me with clues to the way Mark thinks and how to catch him.

Plus the name Paris reminds me of her so that even when we're not together , I'll always have her in my mind.

Most importantly was all this was going to anger Mark. I almost shivered at the thought of what Mark was going to do once he sees how I disobeyed him. But this was part of her plan, she needed him to feel like he was losing control of her, like his words didn't matter in her life anymore.

He would start to devolve, then to make mistakes, and yes it would be risky but she knew this was the only way to break how organized he was. So lastly she wanted to dye her hair. Mark had always been a fan of brunettes. He loved how my brown hair shimmered in the summer. He loved touching my hair, weirdly, but it was his obsession.

That was his favorite feature about me, and I wanted to take that away from him. So I did, I cut my long flowy hair, into this to black shorter bob, with some blonde highlights. I liked it, it was my choice, I was in control. It felt exhilarating. Now it was time to start getting prepared for the plans I made with everyone on Saturday.

—Hey guys! I know this chapter is short, and it probably feels in complete but it's mostly because it kinda is

Hey guys! I know this chapter is short, and it probably feels in complete but it's mostly because it kinda is. I wanted to make this a bit longer and add a scene but I'm just going to do that next chapter! Spring break is over and I've been a bit busy with school and there's just a lot to juggle right now!