12

tw: depression, language, substance abuse

 "NOTHING IS SO COMMON AS THE WISH TO BE REMARKABLE

"NOTHING IS SO COMMON AS THE WISH TO BE REMARKABLE."

—-
A few hours later we catch the unsub, although he was difficult to draw out. Ultimately, we use the media to lure him in and he falls for our trap. We're back to Quantico, Virginia.

The team enters the BAU

Surprisingly, Fay doesn't see Cassie anywhere, she sighs in relief, the girl actually listened to her for once. But suddenly she saw her come out with Garcia and they looked as if they were deep in conversation while walking over to us.

"Hey Cass, what are you guys talking about?"

I looked at her scared they were talking about my past

"Oh just how we met, at college, a mutual friend introduced us." Cassie looked at me, to check if I was okay.

It was the type of really sorrowful look like as if one mention of Paris, was going to send me spiraling into a mental breakdown

I just yanked Cassie's arm and was starting to walk out of the BAU

"Well guys, great case today. I'm gonna head out with my friend before she blabbers off anymore. She just can't keep her cute little mouth shut sometimes." I smile at her tilting my head towards her in a fake way, obviously angered.

Everyone was staring at us leaving, suspiciously, they wanted to know more about Cassie.

"Great, Cass. This was a bad idea, why were you talking to Garcia?" I frowned.

"I'm sorry Fay. Look you know I love you and I would never give out any details that you didn't want me to. I was just talking about how we were college buddies and all of cute fun memories we had together. That's it."

"Don't apologize. I've just been really snappy and paranoid recently since I've been taking these pills. I'm sorry."

I showed her

She looked at the bottle then at me

"Fay, please tell me you got these prescribed. These side effects are unreal girl. You must feel like crap and why..." She just stared at me

I stared back at her with no emotion and a tired expression on my face. I snatched the bottle back defensively

"Yes. I'm not stupid Cassie, don't worry, it's just to help me sleep. In my dreams, I always see Paris. You don't know how hard it's been since...."

Its too painful to say the words, so I don't..

"Then...."

"Okay...well.. I'm here for you, always. But seriously even if a doctor prescribed it to you, please stop using it for the wrong reasons. You shouldn't take it, at all. Its not good for you, I mean the side effects alone are suspicious."

We reach my car and drive to my place.

"It's a mess, I can't seem to find the motivate to clean since Paris or really do anything. I don't even eat much.. anymore."

"Fay, are you sure your okay. Your house has never been this messy in the 8 years I've known you. Talk to me, you know how stubborn I get when your keeping things from me.." She says as she crosses her arms and starts giving me this judgmental stare.

"Fine, all I even want to do is sleep. I hate my job, I hate waking up in the morning, I hate life without Paris. All I feel is hurt, and pain and emptiness where she used to fill my heart and seeing you Cassie, hanging out with you hurts- no it's breaking the little ounce of stability I have left. As much as I want you here, all I can think about is if your around me how-, how you could end up killed like her.."

Fay's heart starts to beat really fast after finishing that sentence. She could feel the buildup of all the emotions she tried to control and pushdown burn through her stomach, she couldn't contain her emotions any longer.

She start sobbing on the floor with tears  running down her shirt then to her face.

Cassie drops down to where Fay is plopped over on the floor and lifts her head up. She lets Fay put her head on herchest.

"Fay, you need to take care of yourself, you can't keep putting work first anymore with all this pain inside you. You need to find who you are again, and I promise you, you won't lose me because I'll be here 24/7. If I'm always around you, you'll know where I am." She smiles.

"Cassie.. I-.. thank you for being here. Your right I know it's 11 pm but there's something I have to do."

She wipes her tears, gets off the floor, then leaves her apartment.

"I drive fast to the BAU. This is the first time I feel excited since what had happened with Paris. The whole team was still here doing paperwork which was kind of weird. Who am I kidding, its normal for the team."

Spencer waves and comes over to me.

"You're back? Is there something you need? It's late. Get some beauty sleep." He asks me with a slight smirk but worrred look on his face.

I just walk past him unable to really look him in the eye right now.

I know I'm supposed to be the bigger sibling but, I owe Spencer better than where I'm at right now. I'm at a point in my life, where I'm completely lost and him seeing me like this, he'll hate me, and I can't take that right now. I only want him to see the best parts of me, and I can't be that for him right now.

I go over to Hotch's desks and hand in my badge and creditals as well as my gun

"I'm resigning as a official member of the BAU, sir. I love this team, and I'm going to miss everyone in it, but for personal reasons I have to take this leave. Thank you for this time and oppunrity to be able to work with you guys."

Everyone rushes over to me and asks me questions but Spencer just snaps and berates me.

"Really! Cut the bullshit. Are you really doing this to me-- us again.

Why can't you just talk to the people who care about you. I'm here, im agry with you but I love you Fay. Why is it so hard? You have all these resources, who you can rely on. So just rely on me, for once."

In that moment, I block out all the other questions the team is asking me about my departure and go towards Spencer.

"I love you, please Spencer,   I need you to realize and understand that. Also, I'm not leaving you ......."

I take a brief pause between the sentences, almost starting to cry

"...like I've done before."

"I just need you to know that. Please don't come to my house either anyone."  I say

They all just stare at me then at Spencer who starts to frown and look like he's about to cry as well.  In the corner of my eyes as I take a second look back at my BAU family for one last time until  a while. As I glance  back, they all start to gather together to hug Spencer. I smile a bit with tears still bottled up in my eyes, I love them...