Ch. 4

The train stopped at the slums of Sector 7. The screeching sound of the brakes hitting on the medal railroad echoed across the station. The residents of the slums were waiting patiently at the station for their loved ones to come home. As the train doors open, many passengers began to run towards their friends, family, and those waiting for them. Barret and his crew walked out of the train, and he then started to shout in triumph.

"Hot damn, we are good!"

Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie then started shouting along with their boss.

Wedge, "Bombs detonated: one. Members lost: zero!"

Biggs, "And one step closer to a brighter future!"

Jessie, "Hell yes!"

Barret scolded them, "Guys! Lower your voices, huh? People are listening."

The three members realized that they were still out in public and that there might be people listening to them. It would be terrible if a local knows who bombed the local reactor. Yet, they couldn't hold their excitement of victory.

Barret smiled as if he understood their intent, "Now get some R&R. You've earned it. Just be ready for the next mission, alright?"

After that, Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge smiled then began to make their way home. Barret was about to leave, but then he halted his steps and turned to Cloud, "See you soon."

Cloud looked perplexed. Barret frowned, "At Seventh Heaven, you know where Tifa works? Don't keep her waiting; she'll worry, and that includes you too, Sara."

Sara raised a brow, "Huh? How am I in this?!"

Cloud sighed, "Come on, let's head to Seventh Heaven."

Sara rolled her eyes but followed the ex-SOLDIER as they went into the slums of Sector Seven. As they walked down the dirt road, many of the undercity residents heard about the bomb incident and began to talk about it. Many of them were afraid of another attack would happen or wondered if folks they knew up on the surface were safe?

Sara and Cloud ignore their complaints; however, one resident caught their attention. An older guy stared at a poster made by Avalanche in disgust.

"Hah, "Mako is the lifeblood of the planet"? The hell it is—goddamn eco-warriors with their dumbass posters. I tear 'em down, and they're back up inside of an hour. Like I've got nothing better to do."

The man rips the poster off an announcement board. Sara stopped her tracks, looks at him curiously. Even Cloud was curious too. The man didn't seem to care that he had a small audience wondering what his deal with eco-warriors is? He stares up at the large steel plate above in wonder.

"I mean, look at all that steelwork. Are you trying to tell me that's not progress?"

When Cloud looked at the steel plate, something exploded, then large steel beams fall as if they were going to crash down on top of them. Cloud duck down, but nothing was there.

The man looked at him confused, "You okay, buddy?"

Sara saw what was happening and stood in front of Cloud smiled at the man, "Don't worry about him. He hasn't been sleeping well."

The man frowned, "Mako junkie, huh? Figures."

Yet two gray cloaks appeared right behind the man that made Sara gasped. Cloud pulled her aside as he glared at the grey phantoms.

Cloud, "You again..."

The grey cloaks circled Cloud, and Sara then went down the dirt path. Sara chased after them; when she made it to a corner of the road, she saw nothing. As if the grey cloaks were never there. Sara wondered what those phantoms were, yet she had no answer and wasn't planning on finding out. She continued walking, reaching towards the heart of the slums of Sector Seven. There she found Tifa sitting at the bar's front steps with a half-asleep little girl sitting beside her. But, when Barret walked up, the little girl woke up and smiled. Sara knew that little girl had to be Barret's daughter, Marlene. She had to be around four years old, wearing a cute pink dress with brown mary jane shoes with white socks and had brown hair.