Ch. 17

The next several months were agonizing for Sara. Every morning she would start her training in the virtual training room. A vast space that allows a person to interact with prepared data in a virtual environment. Any virtual simulations can be created, such as monsters, so it is mainly used for SOLDIER training and unusual experiments. However, since the wounds one receives when using the virtual reality system are accurate, there is danger involved with its use. Though when Sara first arrived, she had to learn combat training from the Turks. From knowing the basics of hand-to-hand combat and swordsmanship, Sara had to learn that for the first few weeks.

After the virtual training, next was off to study military strategies, which Sara found boring. She felt that she was turning into an army tool during all the training than living like a typical teenager. Sara missed her freedom back home and her mom.

Sara walked over to the observation room that was next to the virtual training room. The room had several monitors both on the computer control desk and above the observation room. They were showing stats from SOLDIER members who were trained in the virtual space on the monitors. Darius looked at the monitors with interest until he saw his daughter entering the room.

Darius smiled, "Saraphina, good to see you. Are you ready to begin with today's training session?"

Sara crossed her arms and secretly rolled her eyes. Even though her father smiled yet, she could tell that smile was nothing more than fake. After the first few days since her arrival, her father only cared about her training results and nothing else. He did not even want to spend quality time with her as she wished for in the past. It hurt her, and she wanted to give him a piece of her mind. Yet, she held herself back because there was another reason.

"Mr. Griffin, I would like to run today's training myself." A familiar voice spoke.

Darius turned around and saw Hojo at the doorway, who smiled wickedly. Darius frowned and immediately refused, "I am sorry, Professor Hojo. I've already stated that I would be in charge of my daughter's training."

Hojo held his chin and appeared in deep thought, "Hmmm, and I'm here to tell you that the President is not too thrilled with the results and has asked me to run the subject's training."

Hearing this, Sara's heart skipped, although her father only cared for her training results. Yet, he had been protecting her from Hojo. She had heard rumors that Hojo could be cruel towards his subjects and do anything to achieve the desired results. Sara knew that Hojo had his eyes on her ever since the day they had met. But, if the President is unhappy that nothing is getting achieved, then there could be consequences. She decided to take a risk.

Sara spoke up, "Dad, let him."

Darius looked at her in shock and scolded her, "No! I will not allow this!"

Sara pressed on, "But, if the President is unhappy about the results, then something needs to change, right?"

Darius clenched his fists and bit his lip. Sara sighed and looked at Hojo with a calm look, "Professor Hojo, I will head to the training room. I'll be ready when you are."

Hojo smiled in satisfaction, and just as Darius was about to protest, two guards came in and took him away.

Darius struggled and demanded, "What the hell is this?"

Hojo replied, "Your presence is not needed here."

Darius roared as he tried to get out of the two guards' grips, but one of them punched him in the gut, making him unconscious. Sara clenched her jaw as she began to regret the words she said moments ago. As the two guards drag the unconscious Darius, Hojo turns to Sara with a smile that seems pleased.