Ch. 25

"Alright, see to it that it will be done," President Shinra stated while speaking to Heideggar.

Heidegger, as usual, laughed, "Hahahaha, yes sir, it will be done, and once the land is conquered, we will be able to take over Fort Tamblin very soon. "

President Shinra grinned, "I expect great results."

"As you wish, sir," Heidegger nodded and left the office.

President Shinra leaned back as he relaxed, then turned to the pillar near his massive desk and said, "You can take your leave as well. I would like to have a moment of peace."

Walking out from behind the pillar was Sara, who gave the president a stern look and spoke flatly, "Thank you, sir."

President Shinra nodded, and Sara took her leave. She was relieved to be out of that office. It had been almost two years since she was assigned to be the president's bodyguard, and it was the most boring job ever. Mostly she attended meetings that the president had to be, along with trips to certain parts of the planet where she accompanied the president. Though there was no attempt on the president's life, sometimes Sara wished there was. She missed the actions when going on missions. But at least the president had been kind enough to let Sara spend time with her dear friends and lover; despite his power-hungry, ruthless, and manipulative personality.

Sara went to the SOLDIER floor and headed to the virtual training room. As she went that way, she spotted Genesis coming out of the virtual room and noticed a wound on his shoulder.

Her eyes widened as she rushed over, "Genesis! Are you okay?"

Genesis looked at her with his signature cocky smirk, "It's just a scrap; I'm fine. I'm heading to the medical floor to get it treated."

"What happened?" Sara asked, concerned.

"Just went a bit overboard while sparing with your lover," Genesis answered as he walked away.

"Um, I thought we should all see the play LOVELESS one day," Sara suggested.

"Sorry, but I'll have to pass," Genesis politely declines.

"Okay," Sara sighed.

"But a nice dinner perhaps would be fine," Genesis smiled as he continued to walk on.

Sara looked up with a smile, but she felt a bit sad that Genesis declined to go to see the play that was the inspiration from the book, which happens to be Genesis's favorite. Ever since the day when Genesis and Angeal had become 1st Class, things had changed slightly. Genesis has become more cocky and aloof but still cares about his friends. Angeal became a mentor to many SOLDIER 3rd and 2nd class members.

Sara heard the door behind her open, and walking out from the virtual training room was Sephiroth, who had a slightly pained look. But the moment he saw Sara, Sephiroth smiled as he hugged her.

Sara looked up curiously, "So what happened with you and Genesis? I noticed that he got injured."

"It's nothing for you to be concerned about," Sephiroth answered, then Angeal stepped in and spoke, "Though you can say that it was Genesis who got too cocky in the fight."

Noticing how both guys didn't seem to want to talk about it any further, Sara suggested, "Um, Genesis suggested that we should do dinner together. It's been a while since we've had dinner together, and I'm dying for more stories happening in Wutai."

Angeal teased, "Is guarding the president boring?"

Sara pouted, "Boring? I must use the virtual reality room to ensure my fighting skills don't rust. But even doing that is getting old!"